Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI drug policy

Hey I am new here.

I recently was given a conditional offer of employment for the SST position at the FBI and I am waiting for my background check and poly to get done with. I have the poly this friday.

My question is this...
    I have used Adderall without a prescription once in 2003 (like .25 of a 10mg pill) and once or twice in 2007 (half of 30mg pill). FBIHQ came back and wanted more info on this subject including my dosage, times used, etc. along with other background questions not regarding Adderall.

Do you think this will disqualify me? It seems like a little thing, but you never know about the FBI. I have never done any other drug in my life.

I did not take them to get high...I took them for studying for finals and whatnot...I know Adderall is not illegal per se...but I did not have a prescription...I also did now PAY for any of it.

Any advice with this and/or the polygraph would be helpful! Thanks!

thanks!

Taking Adderall without a prescription is most definetely illegal. It is actually considered a schedule II narcotic because of it's capability of becoming so addictive. I believe it's also a mix of amphetimines, AND taking a prescription drug without a prescription is also illegal, regardless of whether or not it's considered a "little thing".

I know it's tough man but I've used adderall once before for the same reason (studying), and most places want at least 3 years before applying, other places are like "What's that?" I didn't even know it was illegal when I took it, unfortunately, I have to live with that mistake.

Just be honest with the Poly, and I cannot specifically say you will be okay because I don't work for the FBI .

Good luck!
    Last edited by Arewethereyet; 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM. Reason: .

Comment

This should be some indication of their policy: When went in for my initial background interview for the FBI, the first thing that the interviewer said to me was "If you've done any drugs in the last 3 years, you can turn around and walk out the door". I wasn't sure what kind of drugs he was talking about, but my guess is it would disqualify you.
      "Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men." -Monsignor

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Veritas Aequitas

Ne cede malis

sigpic

Comment

From FBI website

Under the FBI's current Employment Drug Policy, an applicant will be found unsuitable for employment if they:

Have used any illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991), other than marijuana, within the past ten years, or engaged in more than minimal experimentation in their lifetime. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the frequency of use, will be evaluated.
        Have used marijuana/cannabis within the past three years, or have extensively used marijuana/cannabis or over a substantial period of time. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the recency and frequency of use, will be evaluated.
        You can easily determine whether you meet the FBI's illegal drug policy by answering the following questions:

Have you used marijuana at all within the last three years?
        Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
        Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?
        Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago) while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?

If you answered Yes to any of these questions, you are not eligible for employment with the FBI.

Comment

Technically, the answer would be yes. Adderall is an illegal drug without prescription.

Comment

I'm not sure about FBI process. But most likely it will be a case by case.

The main thing is you should have known better not to take ANY drugs without prescription. But you did it again in 2007 and it shows the pattern. I don't know but it's really up to them depending on your side of story.
            Anyone can say i took a couple of pills of oxycotin due to some pain. But we all know oxycotin is treated like any other illegal drugs if you dont have a prescription. It's hard to say one way or another regarding your case.
            But just be totally honest. If not it will show up on polygraph and you will pay for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5146 users online. 293 members and 4853 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X