Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigredmachine
    replied
    the only problem with applying while you were training in the army would be that you would have to leave wherever you were training at least 2-3 times in order to take the written test and take your psychological and physical tests. I'm not sure how lenient the army would be in letting you go for a day or two at a time so you could come up and take care of that stuff.

I'd check with your Army contact and see if it was possible. My written psych test was on a wednesday, so you'd probably need at least 2-3 days off just for that. If you're lucky, they can schedule you for the physical in that time and the psych interview, but dont hold your breath.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
    Now.

You don't know how long your hiring process is going to take.
    I still have a year left of school to do this and another 6months after that of training for the Army. Lets say my background investigation etc etc takes 6months to complete. What happens if MPD says, "You're hired, but we can't give you a delayed date for the academy, its now or never". I obviously can't miss my training for the Army. Am I screwed?

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
    Now.

^^ Exactly what Jock said. Although I was inclined to tell you to apply when you have approximately 2 months left, his point makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• MPDCjock
    replied
    Now.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic When to apply to MPD

When to apply to MPD

MPD is one of the top departments that I would like to work for and I have decided that I will be starting the necessary steps to get in. However, I have a few problems.
    I will also be commissioning in the DC Army National Guard as an MP LT and am obligated to go to training first in either Ft. Sill, OK or Ft. Benning, GA and then Ft. Leonard Wood, MO for about 6 months. After I am done with that training I would like to be able to transition right into the academy and start my civilian career. However, my dilemma is that since I will be away for about 6 months I don't know when the best time for me to apply would be. I would like as little downtime between the academy and my training with the Army as possible. Should I go ahead and apply while I am still in school (college)? I was thinking that if I would go ahead and start the process over Christmas break I would be good to go by the time school got out and I would ask to be deferred until after I return from training with the Army. However, I called recruitment and the lady on the phone told me that it is up to a CPT. in either recruitment or the academy that would decide if I could be deferred and that if I was denied I may have to start the whole process over again... OR she also mentioned that it could be up to my investigator? I am kind of confused as to how the process would work.
    I could also apply after I got back from training with the Army but this means that it could almost be half a year before I even get into the academy which financially for me could be pretty bad...

Any advice?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6687 users online. 364 members and 6323 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X