300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about cameras in DC

driving in DC as an off duty officer, i was pulled over and advised that i was caught on camera. i got off and the officer didnt write me anything, but yeah he said "just so you know i got you on camera"

i guess i should be expecting something in the mail? we dont have this fancy camera stuff in the state i work. i dont know anything about it.

if this is the case, i should probably be expecting quite a few of these tickets in the mail then, lol... what can i do?
    Last edited by tomek; 08-23-2008, 11:31 AM.

Originally posted by tomek View Post
    driving in DC as an off duty officer, i was pulled over and advised that i was caught on camera. i got off and the officer didnt write me anything, but yeah he said "just so you know i got you on camera"

i guess i should be expecting something in the mail? we dont have this fancy camera stuff in the state i work. i dont know anything about it.

if this is the case, i should probably be expecting quite a few of these tickets in the mail then, lol... what can i do?
    You say you are an officer however your profile contradicts this. Either way, Ill bite. The situation you describe is very odd. I can only think of two possible scenarios.

1. You went past a mounted radar camera, got hit with the photo and an officer observed this and pulled you over.

2. You drove past a cruiser that has the camera/radar equipment mounted inside, got hit with the photo and the officer operating the car decided to pull you over. Why? I have no idea. And yes, whoever the vehicle is registered to can expect a ticket in the mail.

Comment

City PO PO

Could u please put in a request for me to have the car and camera removed from east bound NY Ave???

It would greatly expadite me leaving the city after work
      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
        Could u please put in a request for me to have the car and camera removed from east bound NY Ave???

It would greatly expadite me leaving the city after work
        Cutting through the Arboretum avoids that pesky camera and the looong bladensburg lights... shhhh

Comment

ditto to N/B Kenilworth A/O Penn. ave .. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by haulndak View Post
            Cutting through the Arboretum avoids that pesky camera and the looong bladensburg lights... shhhh

not late at night
            Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I hate those radar cameras
              Last edited by Go Terps; 08-27-2008, 05:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Wasnt there an MPD officer recently arrested for allegedly falsifying her timecards to the tune of 100k plus while doing that photo radar.
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  Wasnt there an MPD officer recently arrested for allegedly falsifying her timecards to the tune of 100k plus while doing that photo radar.
                  Um....she was never trained to do photo radar...

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                    In yesterday's Wash Post....

23 years on the job.....charged with Theft and Falsifying Records (timecard).... in the tune of $178,000.00.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082602288.html

Comment

I am suprised she got away with it for that long.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDC3505
                        So yeah, even in a departmental vehicle, an officer can be held responsible for a ticket.
                        During the Anthony Williams Administration, Mayor Williams issued an Executive Order making all government employees responsible for parking/traffic tickets they incur while operating a government vehicle.

The Executive Order is still in effect and can be found by visiting the Secretary of the District of Columbia's website.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
                          During the Anthony Williams Administration, Mayor Williams issued an Executive Order making all government employees responsible for parking/traffic tickets they incur while operating a government vehicle.

The Executive Order is still in effect and can be found by visiting the Secretary of the District of Columbia's website.
                          We warned about this in our academy. I was bagged by one of those cameras when I was working one evening. The camera is on K street NW just east of the waterfront area. I was operating a marked police vehicle for my former federal agency. Fortunately for me I never heard a thing about it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5626 users online. 368 members and 5258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X