X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• george4
    replied
    Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
    During the Anthony Williams Administration, Mayor Williams issued an Executive Order making all government employees responsible for parking/traffic tickets they incur while operating a government vehicle.

The Executive Order is still in effect and can be found by visiting the Secretary of the District of Columbia's website.
    We warned about this in our academy. I was bagged by one of those cameras when I was working one evening. The camera is on K street NW just east of the waterfront area. I was operating a marked police vehicle for my former federal agency. Fortunately for me I never heard a thing about it.

Leave a comment:

• DCPSDcop
    replied
    Originally posted by MPDC3505
    So yeah, even in a departmental vehicle, an officer can be held responsible for a ticket.
    During the Anthony Williams Administration, Mayor Williams issued an Executive Order making all government employees responsible for parking/traffic tickets they incur while operating a government vehicle.

The Executive Order is still in effect and can be found by visiting the Secretary of the District of Columbia's website.

Leave a comment:

• Go Terps
    replied
    I am suprised she got away with it for that long.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Wasnt there an MPD officer recently arrested for allegedly falsifying her timecards to the tune of 100k plus while doing that photo radar.
    In yesterday's Wash Post....

23 years on the job.....charged with Theft and Falsifying Records (timecard).... in the tune of $178,000.00.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082602288.html

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Wasnt there an MPD officer recently arrested for allegedly falsifying her timecards to the tune of 100k plus while doing that photo radar.
    Um....she was never trained to do photo radar...

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Go Terps
    replied
    I hate those radar cameras
    Last edited by Go Terps; 08-27-2008, 05:56 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Originally posted by haulndak View Post
    Cutting through the Arboretum avoids that pesky camera and the looong bladensburg lights... shhhh

not late at night

Leave a comment:

replied
    ditto to N/B Kenilworth A/O Penn. ave .. LOL

Leave a comment:

• haulndak
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiller View Post
    Could u please put in a request for me to have the car and camera removed from east bound NY Ave???

It would greatly expadite me leaving the city after work
    Cutting through the Arboretum avoids that pesky camera and the looong bladensburg lights... shhhh

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    City PO PO

Could u please put in a request for me to have the car and camera removed from east bound NY Ave???

It would greatly expadite me leaving the city after work

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    Originally posted by tomek View Post
    driving in DC as an off duty officer, i was pulled over and advised that i was caught on camera. i got off and the officer didnt write me anything, but yeah he said "just so you know i got you on camera"

i guess i should be expecting something in the mail? we dont have this fancy camera stuff in the state i work. i dont know anything about it.

if this is the case, i should probably be expecting quite a few of these tickets in the mail then, lol... what can i do?
    You say you are an officer however your profile contradicts this. Either way, Ill bite. The situation you describe is very odd. I can only think of two possible scenarios.

1. You went past a mounted radar camera, got hit with the photo and an officer observed this and pulled you over.

2. You drove past a cruiser that has the camera/radar equipment mounted inside, got hit with the photo and the officer operating the car decided to pull you over. Why? I have no idea. And yes, whoever the vehicle is registered to can expect a ticket in the mail.

Leave a comment:

• tomek
    started a topic question about cameras in DC

question about cameras in DC

driving in DC as an off duty officer, i was pulled over and advised that i was caught on camera. i got off and the officer didnt write me anything, but yeah he said "just so you know i got you on camera"

i guess i should be expecting something in the mail? we dont have this fancy camera stuff in the state i work. i dont know anything about it.

if this is the case, i should probably be expecting quite a few of these tickets in the mail then, lol... what can i do?
    Last edited by tomek; 08-23-2008, 11:31 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4513 users online. 316 members and 4197 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X