300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO Police

Is hiring again. First time I ever saw a pt requirement for them. Im guessing that with LOC merging into USCP, they maybe next and upping the standards? However the salary is very nice for a GS-05 equivalent with the
    SALARY RANGE: 50,250.00 - 63,171.00 USD per year
    PLUS 10% NIGHT RATE WHEN APPLICABLE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the pt requirments (I love the 1.5 mile run requirement in 75 minutes):

NOTE 2: Applicant must pass a pre employment medical examination. Prior to appointment, the person selected for this position must be determined physically fit by an authorized government physician to perform strenuous and physically demanding duties; and also pass a medical examination (which includes vision, hearing, cardiovascular, and mobility of extremities). After applicants have passed medical examination, applicants will be required to complete and pass a Physical Agilities Test (PAT). The PAT consists of a 300 meter sprint, push-ups, sit-ups, and a 1.5 mile run within a 75 minute time frame.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

They send you to FLETC and those standards wouldn't fly down there. Also, its only open to status candidates.

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob....&TabNum=1&rc=4

Comment

I thought that meant you must complete all within 75 minutes - not just one portion. So, 15 minutes or less for 1.5 miles, then so long for the 300 yards, etc. But including resting, you have to get it all done in under and hour and fifteen minutes. Unless you already were thinking that, and just are playing on the words.

Comment

Who/what is LOC?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawseeker View Post
          Who/what is LOC?

Thanks.

Library of Congress has its own police force but we have absorbed them so they are now USCP...

Many of their officers are now going to be sent to get FLETC certified..

And by god,please tell that 1.5 mile 75 minutes is not correct....although I'd guess their are some on our dept. who still couldnt pass that qualification
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I keep seeing every so often LOC announcements for supervisory positions. I know we had one in my FLETC class, she was a wash out from another class (pt injury). Chiller, are these folks just going through FLETC-Cheltenham for your add on or through the whole thing? Also how does the seniority work with the merger or are they still regulated to working at LOC?

I was drooling at the GPO salary and read the pt requirements wrong. Sorry folks!

Link to a GPO police car:

http://images5.fotki.com/v66/photos/...pca0997-vi.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
              I keep seeing every so often LOC announcements for supervisory positions. I know we had one in my FLETC class, she was a wash out from another class (pt injury). Chiller, are these folks just going through FLETC-Cheltenham for your add on or through the whole thing? Also how does the seniority work with the merger or are they still regulated to working at LOC?

I was drooling at the GPO salary and read the pt requirements wrong. Sorry folks!

Not 100% positive but my understanding is they are being sent to just the GA part of FLETC.....now I could be wrong about that as not much is being said. I know they arent doing 6 months so I'm pretty sure its just GA.

We have officers being sent to cover their slots and their buldings until they get back.

I believe they will be sent back to their shifts at the LOC once complete but I woldnt be surprised to see them sent elsewhere and those that are voluntarily taking their slots for a bit to get screwed and forced to stay.

Seniority will work just like it always will once the merger is complete
              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Im guessing that everything is going the way of USCP, such as uniforms, firearms etc? I know GPO has a p/o assigned to watch the hazmat units so Im going to assume that GPO will be assimilated next. It would make sense since GPO is within blocks of the capitol and is in the capitol police extended jurisdiction.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  Im guessing that everything is going the way of USCP, such as uniforms, firearms etc? I know GPO has a p/o assigned to watch the hazmat units so Im going to assume that GPO will be assimilated next. It would make sense since GPO is within blocks of the capitol and is in the capitol police extended jurisdiction.
                  I think the original LOC officers will get the choice of keeping their firearms..not sure what they are using though.

I have heard no talk of GPO takeover so who knows about that 1 way down the road
                  Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Anyone else apply to the March 2017 announcement for police officer? Just got my application status email today stating referred and eligible as a non compete transfer, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed as this sounds like a sweet gig. If anyone currently works for GPO or knows someone who does, how do you/they like it? Thanks
                    BOP 10/04/2015

Comment

I applied to the March 17 announcement, got referred. A couple of my old partners work there now. They love it.

Comment

I think GPO is one of the best kept secrets.

Comment

Best kept secret? They do the same as all the other security police forces such as the BEP, US Mint, Federal Reserve, Etc.

Comment

I'm talking about size wise compared to other departments. Plus you don't hear to much about GPO it seems like a tight knit group.

Comment

I heard that they are looking to merge with USCP. So if you get in now would be a great time. I'm waiting for them to open up again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5255 users online. 267 members and 4988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X