300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP Process

hi there, i recently took the written test for Customs and Border Protection Agent and I had a few questions that I can't seem to find answer for with a search.

How long does it take for them to get back to you with your test score, the proctor at the test said 2-4 weeks, but she was unsure, anyone know?

I know the government pays for you to get down to GA and then back at the end of the academy, is it worth it to go home for a weekend during the academy? I live in Vermont, so I'm talking flying back.

How long does the background check take? Is there a packet you fill out? I've done it once before and I just wanted to compare the processes.

On average, how long does the entire hiring process take? What's the VBT? Is it like an oral board but through video conferencing? I heard that from someone.

How much say do you get in picking your port. Obvisouly I'd like to stay in VT, but there are 3 main stations as I understand it and some are more appealing to me than others.

Thanks for your time and answers.
    WE DON'T GET PAID TO LOSE

"Be nice, until it's time NOT to be nice" ~ Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse

Check out this thread. It has all of that info in the 116 pages.
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49698
    There are Customs and Border Protection Officers and then Border Patrol Agents. I've recently been hired as CBPO after only about 4 months but that seems to be an exception rather than the rule. The wait times vary greatly from 6-9 months to well over a year depending if you need a med waiver or something.

Comment

thanks very much, i think ill print that thread out and read it as i dont like sitting in front of the computer for 2 horus reading.

"hi, im thoughjerseyguy, i troll the forums looking for threads that i know nothing about, so i can not only add irrevelant, useless opinions, but also to look like a complete jerk and embarrass myself" thats you, right there.

Comment

so, i got a 79 with no vet preference, im not sure it thats gonna cut it. my brother in law got a 77 and got hired in the same area im looking into, but that was 4 years ago. i recieved this news in the mail. how do they contact me next? do they call or another letter? i know it might be awhile since my score is not as good as i thought it would be and they work their way down.

Comment

VtCO84, you can go on google and type in "US application manager" you'll have to register with a user name and password and once you do that you'll be able to see your Notice of Results online instead of waiting by by mailbox.

Comment

Vt,

You're looking into flying back from Brunswick on the weekends?

Bad, bad idea...IMO.

I've flown Burlington into Brunswick via Atlanta and it's taken me the better part of the day to do. With all the travel involved(to, from, air), I can't see where you'd get any more than a day at most in VT.

Keep in mind that if your not in class to start Monday morning that's likely it. You're probably finished. No one will care if your flight was delayed, you had a flat tire, you hit a moose outside of Rutland...etc. You'd be toast.

Comment

good to know, thanks guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6501 users online. 362 members and 6139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X