300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington county Sheriff

Hey I am going through Arlington county Sheriff's office process right now. Has anyone applied to them before?

They are always hiring and if anyone has any info on the department, let me know.

I know Jlyphan was hired by them, wait for him he can probably answer any questions you might have.

Comment

Arlington SO is a good agency. Consider also Alexandria and Fairfax. S.O. duties are nearly identical. Pay/Benefits are similar and both are also good agencies. Gives you three instead of one opportunity.
      sigpic
      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Kaps are you stalking me?

Comment

Of course I'm not stalking you!! Whatever gave you that idea?

By the way, you have see through curtains
          sigpic

Comment

Whats the deal ?

Does anyone know why they are always hiring? They run ads in the Washington Post non stop. When I went in for my polygraph there were several guys waiting with me. One was extremely over weight, and the other one looked like he could care less if he got the job.

Everyone I met through the sheriff's office was very friendly, but the over all message was, once you’re out of the academy, if you leave you owe us money!!

I was asked multiple times if I was going to leave, and go to another department once I graduated from the academy.

Do people just up and leave? And if so why, is it that bad?

Comment

Most NOVA Sheriff's Deputies work (at least for the initial couple years) in the jail. Jail work isn't for everyone and often people will get into such an agency in order to gain employment elsewhere. Costs money to get recruits trained/certified. In years past I've actually seen people get hired, get certified (at the Sheriff's expense) then move on within months of academy graduation. Hence the implemented contractual commitments for the recruit to stay a certain amount of time in order to make the investment cost effective.
              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6215 users online. 346 members and 5869 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X