300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax County Schedule

What type of shift schedule does Fairfax County use? 8, 10, or 12's?

My roommate is an officer, he works patrol, his shift is 2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off, etc. It works out to be that he works every other weekend, 12 hour shifts. Plus court and any other overtime. I believe the county stopped giving OT, but private companies (i.e. movie theatres like Kingstown or something) have lots and lots of OT! Plus you work a holiday OT and it's 2.5x pay! That's only him, it might be different for everyone else especially if you work motor squad, marine unit, tac team, DUI enforcement, or CAT during the holidays at the mall.

Comment

When I went on a ride along. It was an 11.5 hour shift. It was 1:30pm-1am so I think all the regular shifts are 11 and a half hours.

Comment

We're on 11.5's with a 2 on 2 off, 3 on 3 off schedule. Basically we only work like 2 weeks out of every month.

Most officers love it.

Comment

Sounds nice.

Is there a take-home program? How often are exams held?

Comment

Theres only take homes for people in certain specialty units and detectives.

Comment

What is the Academy like for Fairfax County Deputy Sheriff? Is there alot of PT???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158251 users online. 125 members and 158126 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X