300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Pay Scale

Can anyone direct me or tell me what the pay scale promotion system is for state LEOs (Troopers, Game Wardens, Marine Police, etc).

Thank you

Well, I don't work for the state but Google (1st try) Brought up the following:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Employmen...itment_Ad.shtm

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Employmen..._Benefits.shtm

http://www.dhrm.state.va.us/compensation.html

http://www.dhrm.state.va.us/compensa...lanDec2007.pdf

Google knows.
    "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Thanks,

I looked at most of those the other day. None of them tell you how you actually move up in the pay bands.

Comment

If it's like where I work: You don't. They list a maximum, there's just no way to ever get to it.

I doub't the state is like that but you never know.
        "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

from what i understand no one is getting any advancement right now. Money or even relocation. Tight budget I guess, but thats what ya sign up for...thats just in the fine fine print!
          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Great comments, Hellbender, but 66k in Fairfax is probably about the same as 35k most anywhere else.

The cost of living has gone through the roof in that area!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Great comments, Hellbender, but 66k in Fairfax is probably about the same as 35k most anywhere else.

The cost of living has gone through the roof in that area!
              Good point -- Let me build on that and say that throughout the state, salaries are comparable relative to cost of living, and officers generally have similar financial quality of life. HOWEVER, when it's time to retire, you would probably much prefer to have your retirement calculated based on a higher Northern Virginia salary than a lower rural Virginia salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Medavoy View Post
                Good point -- Let me build on that and say that throughout the state, salaries are comparable relative to cost of living, and officers generally have similar financial quality of life. HOWEVER, when it's time to retire, you would probably much prefer to have your retirement calculated based on a higher Northern Virginia salary than a lower rural Virginia salary.

Work in Northern VA and then retire to Southwest VA......and you'll have it made.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I saw a werewolf drinkin' a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect." -- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I sense some sour grapes.

I worked northern Virginia for a couple years, gave up the pay differential (was 22% in 1981) to leave and come down here and never looked back. I have no desire to work three years in that place to enhance retirement.

Don't know what the good Lord has in store for me, but don't believe I need the extra that bad .... better to retire here and make up the difference driving a parts truck for an auto parts store three days a week or doing applicant investigations or part time court baliffing or something .....

Later .....
                  "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Work in Northern VA and then retire to Southwest VA......and you'll have it made.
                    That is my plan. 8yrs on and I make around $90k/yr. Was lucky enough to buy a 10acre spread in Fauquier before the housing boom hit. So I get the dual benefit of country living and big city pay. When it is time to retire, the area I live in will have been built up and I hope to make a mint selling the house and can retire in comfort way down south.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5856 users online. 356 members and 5500 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X