No announcement yet.

Alexandria PD Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I don't know, we'll see what happens. I've interned for them every summer of my college career and I've taken a polygraph with NNPD for my internship for school, so I have 4 police internships and I hope to not have problems as I've been a part of their "team" for many years and built many connections within PWC. I have a few connections with the Chief and I sat down for an interview with him at my second internship and he told me he would be waiting to approve me for police officer. Chief Deane remembered me during my third internship when we ran into each other at the station. Always a positive thing. :P

However, sometimes you can be over-qualified, and I wonder about that a little. If I don't get into PWC, I'll take my business to City of Fairfax, really good friends with an Officer there who could practically guarantee me a spot. We'll see.
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

Comment

Originally posted by scopva1 View Post
      LOL!
      Hey SCOPVA1 .It`s been awhile
      I`d rather have one hundred enemies than one backstabbing friend.

Comment

Originally posted by theconstipated1 View Post
        Wait until they drop you like a bad habbit and not give you a chance to explain a g*****n thing. They `ll schedule for a polygraph or whatever and by the time you get home you got you thank you for applying ,now get lost foverever letter . I am well advanced in the hiring process with other departments,so I am not so undesirable like PWC made it sound.I think they want to hire Angels with wings.But I believe one of the reason they sent those letters was because they cancel their up coming January academy as they got budget problems.
        Yeah, been there done that. It sucks, but I think of it as, if they DQ you for no good reason, probably didn't want to work for them anyway. Alot of depts around here DO look for angels, Fairfax County especially. My theory is, whoever hires you, do your best and work your *** off for them, at least they gave you a chance. Alexandria PD has been awesome so far, hiring process wise.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll be at the Dec 6th testing, just haven't heard anything yet from them.
          Amtrak PD
          City of Fairfax PD

Comment

Depending on how long ago you did the initial application you may want to call and verify that they received it. When I filled out the online application they never received it so I had to do another one.

Comment

Originally posted by some_day View Post
              Depending on how long ago you did the initial application you may want to call and verify that they received it. When I filled out the online application they never received it so I had to do another one.
              I've been checking the application status online and it says its under department review so I'm pretty sure they received it.

Originally posted by securityunlock
              well unless you are certified I would not say "guarantee"
              Well I said practically guarentee, take it or leave it.
              Amtrak PD
              City of Fairfax PD

Comment

Originally posted by jigsaw457 View Post
                Yeah, been there done that. It sucks, but I think of it as, if they DQ you for no good reason, probably didn't want to work for them anyway. Alot of depts around here DO look for angels, Fairfax County especially. My theory is, whoever hires you, do your best and work your *** off for them, at least they gave you a chance. Alexandria PD has been awesome so far, hiring process wise.
                They do a good job at keeping you updated. Wait till they schedule you for a Polygraph. You are gonna have alot fun.I could not sleep for about 2 days after my poly.
                Last edited by theconstipated1; 11-03-2008, 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

They do a good job at keeping you updated. Wait till they schedule you for a Polygraph. You are gonna have alot fun.
                  LOL! Why is that?
                  Amtrak PD
                  City of Fairfax PD

Comment

You are gonna feel like like you just got violated,like a lowlife by the time they are done with you. At the end you are gonna feel like just getting up and run out of there.I couldn`t even find the exit
                    Last edited by theconstipated1; 11-03-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

You are gonna feel like like you just got violated,like a lowlife by the time they are done with you. At the end you are gonna feel like just getting up and run out of there.I couldn`t even find the exit
                      LMAO. I thought that was supposed to happen during the medical exam
                      Amtrak PD
                      City of Fairfax PD

Comment

I felt fine after my poly, no one is perfect. Was just another test to pass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal911 View Post
                          LOL! Why is that?
                          Theconstipatedone got the experience of a life time at his polygraph. The examiner didn't use any lube on him. He should change his name now to "The-five-pounds-lighter-one"

Comment

had the final panel interview today. i passed it and was offered a job as long as i pass the medical exam in december. looks like i got about 30 days to drop some more weight and make sure my BF% is under 20.

how's everyone else doing in the process?
                            Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Havent even gotten the letter to come take the written, but they are reviewing my application... congrats to you though!!
                              Last edited by eternal911; 11-06-2008, 11:27 AM.
                              Amtrak PD
                              City of Fairfax PD

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
                                had the final panel interview today. i passed it and was offered a job as long as i pass the medical exam in december. looks like i got about 30 days to drop some more weight and make sure my BF% is under 20.

how's everyone else doing in the process?
                                Streetcop - congrats on getting hired. We need folks, so hurry up and get through the academy too.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6084 users online. 196 members and 5888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X