300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince William PD

Hi does Prince William PD do alot of hiring? I am in the chicagoland area and I interested in testing for this department. Do they even have an out of state process? Thanks

Scott

There is an out of state process, in which they will schedule all of your hiring steps into a few consecutive days. They are always looking for people to hire, however don't hire everyone that applies. The most recent academy class had more people than the previous, however there are still a lot of people who don't make it right away. It all depends on the applicant.
    "De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how do you like working w/ PWC PD? I'm looking into applying there as well as FCPD, and possibly MPDC (maybe a state trooper job as well...not sure about those). This would be my first LE gig, as after graduating college I ended up in the IT industry for about 8 years (programming/ SQL DBA) but found out that I needed to be interacting with and helping people more. Just couldn't handle the 8 hours in a neon lamp world w/ little human contact and that feeling at the end of the day that I 'hadnt' made a difference - even though pay was good!

LE will definitely be a pay shock (downward for me), but it's been on my mind for years and I'm finally acting on it (doing a ride along with FCPD this month). Ultimately, helping others as an LEO is what I want to be doing and just trying to pinpoint a solid department w/ good leadership and advancement (career potential). Ultimately I see myself in an investigative/ detective role, though I'm looking forward to patrol work as well.

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather do that than post. Any opinions or advice regarding FCPD, PWC PD or MPDC (or VSP, Pa State Police, Md State Police) are welcome.

Originally posted by Check_Your_Six View Post
      There is an out of state process, in which they will schedule all of your hiring steps into a few consecutive days. They are always looking for people to hire, however don't hire everyone that applies. The most recent academy class had more people than the previous, however there are still a lot of people who don't make it right away. It all depends on the applicant.

Comment

Since i have a degree in Criminal Justice i dididnt have to take the written, they just sent me a packet of info to fill out and said they would contact me for my poly as the first step? After a preliminary interview of course. Anyone going through the same steps as me i would really like to compress my process into a few days since im from NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32 View Post
          Hi does Prince William PD do alot of hiring? I am in the chicagoland area and I interested in testing for this department. Do they even have an out of state process? Thanks

Scott
          If your talking about Prince William VA, seem like an awesome dept so far!!!

Comment

Prince William is an interesting place to work. If you want the "country" feel you can get that by going to some of the parts on the west end (not much left though, they are getting populated).

If you want the "city" feel you can go to the Rt.1 area or Dale City and basically have all the drugs and crime you want.

That's why it is now known as "Hoodbridge" to many people.

Seriously, though, Prince William is a good department overall.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

HoooooooodBridge!

LoL!

When I went through my application process and my ride-along, it seemed like a great place to work. Everyone there will tell you how it is; straight forward, no BS. From my experience of frequently traveling down there, you get a little bit of everything.

* City-feeling (towards Dale City and the east side)
              * Country, surburban areas (to the west and south of Dale City)
              * Immigration (vast amounts of immigrants; legal and 'illegal')

If I were to the process again, I would.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Seriously, though, Prince William is a good department overall.
                I thought it's always been known as "Hoodbridge"

Comment

Originally posted by nitrovic
                  I worked there for several years and loved it. Like any police agency it has it's ups and downs, but all in all a good place to work. I left for a big pay raise. I actually miss it. Money isn't everything. Besides, they get paid pretty good. They have a lot overtime concerts at Nissan Pavillion and other OT details to make up for some of the money loss. All the agencies you listed are good. However, you have to realize the state police agencies in this area only do traffic enforcement and deal with wrecks on the highways. If you want to do the traditional police work you may want to stick to the local departments. Prince William is a good place to be right now because the majority of the leadership is about to retire. That makes for some good promotions in the next four to five years.

Prince William is an interesting place to work. If you want the "country" feel you can get that by going to some of the parts on the west end (not much left though, they are getting populated). If you want the "city" feel you can go to the Rt.1 area or Dale City and basically have all the drugs and crime you want. Granted, it's not Miami or DC, but it's there if you work hard enough. PWCPD has all the "special" teams to include Vice/Street Crimes/SPU/SWAT/Gangs/Mounted Patrol/Motors/CID etc. They even have the nations first Criminal Alien Unit. Good times.
                  Nitrovic -

Thank you for the info; I really appreciate it. Where did you go after PWC if you don't mind me asking?
                  Believe me, I know about money not being everything. I simply want to earn a good enough living to take care of my family and not have them ever worry about $$. Of course, I'd never turn down a higher offer for the same work.

Comment

Pwcpd

I to did a number of years working for the Prince William County PD and have nothing negative to say. I would do a little research into the Stafford Sheriffs Office as well. You won't get all the action of say Prince William County but will have equal if not more job satisfaction. Do your research.

Comment

Stafford County

Stafford County get take home cars and whats their schedule?

Comment

Stafford

Stafford does get take home vehicles for Deputy's that live in the county. They word a 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off. Breaks down be every other weekend working. Not bad at all. Not saying it is the end all be all, but if your not informed in your decision.....you may make a wrong one.

Comment

Stafford County

Is there a lot f OT in Stafford?

Comment

Stafford

Stafford right now does not have alot of overtime. They currently just opened their brand new state of the art building and alot of money was spent on it. The overtime money will be back soon i am sure. The majority of the Departments in the area credit overtime worked as "E" time. Meaning that you will just be given time off during that work cycle to ensure they are not paying out overtime money. Stafford will even now pay you for every hour you work. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5234 users online. 332 members and 4902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X