300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax City Police

Anyone know much about the Fairfax City Police? What their hiring standards are, morale, etc?

I am scheduled to take the written on 9/22 as well, see you there.
    "If 13 is an unlucky number, than 12 and 14 are guilty by association."

Comment

I wonder if they get a lot of applicants to test...

Comment

Im guessing not, since the only test date they list is the one on the 22nd.
        "If 13 is an unlucky number, than 12 and 14 are guilty by association."

Comment

I did a ride along with them about a year ago and talked with the officer i rode along with just a week or two ago. He ended up quiting due to issues with the chief and some lietenants. He wouldnt go into much detail except recommending to not apply with them. But of course, this was only one opinion and Im sure there are people in the department that enjoy working with them.
          "If you aint got no money take your broke a** home"

Comment

Hmmmm...I wonder why he quit. Did the guy you did a ride along with get picked up with another department or Fairfax City was just so bad that it made him lose interest in LE period?

Comment

I know a while back the Washington Post was reporting that some officers were ticked off because Fairfax City Police Administers were basing raises/promotions/job assignments on how many traffic tickets were being written by individual officers......

Let me see if I can find the story for you.....

Comment

Yeah and if you look at the website for Fairfax City's crime index, you can see the statistics they have for Arrests, Traffic citations, DUI's, etc. The traffic charges they gave out for 2006 is almost at 10,000! And the radar charges they gave out was almost at 3,000. I guess that's a lot, especially since it's a smaller department.

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                  Hmmmm...I wonder why he quit. Did the guy you did a ride along with get picked up with another department or Fairfax City was just so bad that it made him lose interest in LE period?
                  When I talked to him he had no intention of getting back into law enforcement. I kinda feel bad for him, the way he told stories on my ride along made him sound like he was one of those kids that wanted be a cop his whole life, and people just drove him over the edge. I think he put his two weeks in and used all his vacation for it...
                  "If you aint got no money take your broke a** home"

Comment

im taking the test too. See you all there
                    "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

don't know much about the dept - so i really have no opinion/make no judgments, but i do know two guys who got on and left within a year. pay/retirement were the the reasons they went there, morale/working conditions were indicated as the reasons they left.
                      The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day.

Comment

What are you guys wearing to the test tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by nitrovic
                          They are a rich city so the pay should be good.
                          The starting base salary for entry level Non-certified Police Officer is $43,011. Upon completion of the police academy the salary increases to $47,419.

On par with every other Agency out here.....nothing special about it......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            The starting base salary for entry level Non-certified Police Officer is $43,011. Upon completion of the police academy the salary increases to $47,419.

On par with every other Agency out here.....nothing special about it......
                            Actually, I'd say there is something pretty special about Fairfax City. Their officers participate in two retirement plans, the City of Fairfax Public Safety Retirement Plan and the Virginia Retirement System Plan. Many competing employers only offer VRS, whose retirement multipliers are as low as 1.7% of the average final compensation for public safety employees.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266 View Post
                              Actually, I'd say there is something pretty special about Fairfax City. Their officers participate in two retirement plans, the City of Fairfax Public Safety Retirement Plan and the Virginia Retirement System Plan. Many competing employers only offer VRS, whose retirement multipliers are as low as 1.7% of the average final compensation for public safety employees.
                              That's cool....you learn something everyday.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4643 users online. 264 members and 4379 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X