300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince George / Chesterfield County PD

What type of departments are these two? Are they pro active, reactive? Due they support officers? I know Chesterfields has takehome cars, what about PGCPD? Chesterfield is also switching to Glock 22, what about PGCPD?

As with other departments down in that area (Henrico, Hanover, etc.), Chesterfield County does have a take-home car program. However, you must reside in the county to take advantage of it.

Otherwise, you may be assigned your own cruiser.....but it will have remain at the station. If you live outside the county, they might let you keep it at a firehouse or rescue squad closest to the county line. Every agency has different rules about this policy, though.

With all the gear that officers/deputies must keep, it is not very practical to keep shuffling it to and fro at every shift change.

Prince George County (VA) is ajdacent to Petersburg, but I don't know much about them. A lot of people get them confused with Prince Georges County up in Maryland. Definitely two different agencies!!

P.S. Prince William County and Arlington County both have officers living near Fredericksburg who take their cars home. Now that's a lot of gas money saved!!

P.P.S. VA has both a Prince William and a King William County - as well as Prince George and King George. Heck, I think there is also a King Edward County as well. On top of that, Richmond City and Richmond County are about seventy miles apart from each other.
    Last edited by VA Dutch; 06-23-2007, 08:15 AM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Chesterfield requires atleast an associates degree or they did. Dutch, you forgot King and Queen County...welcome to the suck!!!!
      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

King & Queen County? I did not know they had cars yet. I assumed they still rode on horseback and used smoke signals instead of radios for communication.

Hey - just kidding out there! King & Queen is actually quite a beautiful place. It is not a "wide" county, but it is very, very long. It runs from down on RTE 33 near Shacklefords all the way up north/west of US 360 beyond Newtown. Probably not a lot of crime out there, though. I went through St. Stephens Church not too long ago. US 360 is boring between Richmond and Tappahannock, huh?

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

King & Queen County? I did not know they had cars yet. I assumed they still rode on horseback and used smoke signals instead of radios for communication.

Hey - just kidding out there! King & Queen is actually quite a beautiful place. It is not a "wide" county, but it is very, very long. It runs from down on RTE 33 near Shacklefords all the way up north/west of US 360 beyond Newtown. Probably not a lot of crime out there, though. I went through St. Stephens Church not too long ago. US 360 is boring between Richmond and Tappahannock, huh?

10-fo...they stop policing after 12a till whatever time in the am. it is boring, my gf lives in St. Stephens Church, with about 85 acres...deer haven...until me and my bow arrive but if you like stars...thats the place to be!!!
          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
            10-fo...they stop policing after 12a till whatever time in the am. it is boring, my gf lives in St. Stephens Church, with about 85 acres...deer haven...until me and my bow arrive but if you like stars...thats the place to be!!!
            You are wrong about how Prince George stops policing after 12am. We just dont have as much activity or traffic on the road during those times nor does many locales to include Chesterfield. The main difference is money and number of Officers. Chesterfield has over 400 sworn so they actually jump each others calls with more on the street to work with in PG you get more overwhelmed because it may be you and four other guys answering calls. The huge explosion of FT LEE has already had an affect on how busy we are and will only add to being busy. Prince George is a good department and we have an excellent Chief and good administrators. They love Pro active policing with traffic enforcement and Neighborhood checks. I have plenty of buddies of mine who work in Chesterfield and I was raised there and that place is turning into a city environment as far as types of calls they now get versus 10 or 15 years. Bottom line is both places are "County" politics but decent places to do police work. Chesterfield pays better and has more overtime opprotunities but Prince George is working on this issue. Just for geographic knowledge, Prince George touches:Petersburg,Hopewell,Dinwiddie,Sussex,Surry ,Charles City and Chesterfield and has two rivers that go through it, The Appomatox and The James and the Blackwater swamp a tributary from the Blackwater River in N.C. The main highways that go through it are I95 I295 and Rt10,Rt460 and Rt301. About 280 square miles versus Chesterfield's 500 or more square miles.
            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Nightshift.......
              Phenix was referring to King & Queen County - not Prince George. I know this because he mentioned St. Stephens Church (at the junction of US 360 and VA 14) which is in that county.

Anyway, thanks for the info about Prince George County. Just don't let anyone confuse it with Prince Georges County, Maryland.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post
                Nightshift.......
                Phenix was referring to King & Queen County - not Prince George. I know this because he mentioned St. Stephens Church (at the junction of US 360 and VA 14) which is in that county.

Anyway, thanks for the info about Prince George County. Just don't let anyone confuse it with Prince Georges County, Maryland.

I dont see how when one is in Va and one is up in Maryland. You can have the whole DC Maryland area as far as Im concerned. Yuck.
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4658 users online. 308 members and 4350 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X