Clear All

• FCPD- MPO Vincent Darconte

Sent: Sat 5/26/2007 1:16 AM
    To: FCPD
    Subject: MPO Vincent "Vinnie" Darconte

It is with profound sadness that I regret to announce that Master Police
    Officer Vincent "Vinnie" Darconte died a short while ago as a result of the
    injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident early last Saturday morning,
    May 19. He was surrounded by family and friends.

I know that you join me in extending our deepest sympathy to Vinnie's wife and son , and to Vinnie's extended family, and I
    ask that you keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers. We also extend
    our sympathy to the Sully District Station where Vinnie was a CPO, and also
    to the Reston and McLean District Stations where Vinnie worked during his
    career as a part of our 'family.'

Peer Support, which has provided assistance all week, will remain available
    for any who desire to speak with a member.

Arrangements have not yet been finalized, but will be announced as soon as
    possible.
    Last edited by sryan; 05-26-2007, 06:49 PM.

I did not know him, but I wish to extend my sympathy to his family, friends and department. If this crash occurred while on duty, I would suggest contacting the Officer Down Memorial Page ( http://odmp.org ) so that they can pay the proper respects to his loved ones and his agency.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

I did not know him, but I wish to extend my sympathy to his family, friends and department. If this crash occurred while on duty, I would suggest contacting the Officer Down Memorial Page ( http://odmp.org ) so that they can pay the proper respects to his loved ones and his agency.

RIP....

I just googled his name to see if there was a news story on this (there isn't that I can find thus far.....)....so ompd.org won't classify it as duty related yet.....

But I did find a posting on odmp.org that he left this year (less than a couple of weeks ago).....to Master Police Officer Michael E. Garbarino who was shot/killed last May by some scumbag kid.....they were both at the FCPD Sully Station together..... and he was going to ride this year in Mike's honor......

Comment

He was not on duty, though he was on his way in. So therefore no black bands. The media release was just today, I suspect to keep the public crowd lower at the services which are today and tomorrow. And as you know, that makes three losses for Sully in just over a year. I am praying for all of those officers too, as morale has to be quite low now.

Comment

I'll be driving on VA 28 and US 50 tomorrow through Chantilly. I'll be thinking about you folks there. May your sorrow be short and your good memories eternal.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

the sully station has been hit hard in these passed two years. It is a sad day. but we shall remeber vinnie and the rest of the fallen officers who have put their lives at risk... RIP
            Reputation & Truth

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6200 users online. 341 members and 5859 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X