300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonia Beach

What happened the other day in that Colonial Beach case involving that TPT who resisted the police and got tazed that went to VA Supreme Court in Richmond? He was trying to get paid. Hope he didn't.
    Last edited by Nightshift va; 05-09-2007, 05:37 PM. Reason: typo Colonial Beach not Colonia sorry
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

I don't know much about it, but Chief Turner and one of his sergeants are probably going to be in deep doo-doo over this; if indeed the allegations are true. Supposedly, at least according to the {Ahem!} local rag, a man was 'tased' after he was already in custody. From what I have heard, the sergeant was involved and the chief supposedly filled out the paperwork to indicate something other than the truth. Of course, only time will tell what really happened. Until now, everything is just speculation.

I once met Chief Turner years ago (during a class); and he seemed like a nice guy.

It just goes to show you that anybody in law enforcement can get into hot water. Nonetheless, he and his sergeant should be given the benefit of the doubt and should be considered innocent until proven guilty. More will come out in the wash - or so they say.
    Last edited by VA Dutch; 05-09-2007, 09:28 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

UPDATE:

As of today, Friday (5-11-07), a radio station in the Fredericksburg market declared that a federal judge had ruled that Chief Turner and his sergeant were not guilty regarding this matter.

From what they said on the radio news broadcast, there was too much inconsistency in testimony given by witnesses questioned about the alleged incident. Maybe something happened; and maybe it did not.....but innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.....or so the saying goes.

Fortunately for the officers, I presume they are considered "exonerated" and will be back to normal duty ASAP.

I bet their officers are going to be a lot more careful in the future, though. It is a safe bet they'll assume that a camera will be nearby.
      Last edited by VA Dutch; 05-11-2007, 06:28 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4788 users online. 293 members and 4495 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X