300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions from officers on DC Metro Police and surrounding Departments

I'm an out-of-towner from Cleveland, Ohio and considering applying for the Metro Police. I've done some research about the area and the department, but was wondering if I can get some opinions of officers who actually work for MPDC or surrounding departments.
    1 - I've heard that there is a high turn over rate and somewhat low morale among MPDC officers. Is this true and why?
    2 - The starting salary for MPDC is around $46,000+, but how good/bad is the cost of living in the metro area (housing, gas, groceries, etc.).
    3 - How good is the morale, salary, benefits, and advancement opportunites for officers on surrounding departments such as Arlington, Alexandria, Prince William County, Transit PD, etc.?

Thank you all for your input.

Go MPDC! You'll never have a dull moment!

Comment

please delete
      Last edited by GoIrish04; 02-05-2010, 03:09 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

46k isn't that great around that area. Housing in NOVA, DC, and MD is out of this world. Check out craigslist.org and look at the real estate section and you'll see why. Can't say much for the department as I haven't had contact with them though.

Comment

Originally posted by JDougal View Post
          46k isn't that great around that area. Housing in NOVA, DC, and MD is out of this world. Check out craigslist.org and look at the real estate section and you'll see why. Can't say much for the department as I haven't had contact with them though.
          Median household income for Fairfax County is $94,610.....second highest in the US.....

Loudoun County is $98,000....the highest in the US.....

Comment

what district are you at?

Originally posted by CPDjock View Post
            Go MPDC! You'll never have a dull moment!
            except for a horrible 10 month academy with tons of down time, 10 hour hospital details, hours of papering, being stuck in a one block radius on crime patrols.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3477 users online. 180 members and 3297 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X