300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax County Police Application Process

Hey everyone, i'm curious if anyone else is in the application process for the Fairfax County Police Department. I took my exam and poly a couple of weeks ago and am currently awaiting the results for my poly. Does anyone know how long it takes to advance to the background interview?

Originally posted by EMS05 View Post
    Hey everyone, i'm curious if anyone else is in the application process for the Fairfax County Police Department. I took my exam and poly a couple of weeks ago and am currently awaiting the results for my poly. Does anyone know how long it takes to advance to the background interview?
    Can you please give me some idea what the written test was like? I think they will be testing in NY this weekend and I may be interested in taking the exam. Thanks, and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by goodthoughts View Post
      Can you please give me some idea what the written test was like? I think they will be testing in NY this weekend and I may be interested in taking the exam. Thanks, and good luck.
      Goodthoughts, the exam wasn't too hard; although I ended up scoring lower than I originally anticipated. The exam is almost all video based and you are primarily tested on memorization and common sense with some map reading thrown in at the end. Obviously, I can't tell you any specific questions on the exam but there’s not much to worry about. Besides, you can't really study for "if you were the cop, what would you do?" type questions.

The good news is that all you need to pass is either a 50 or 59 and an 89 is just as good as a 59----at least this is what the recruiter stated. Be prepared to be at the testing site for 3 to 4 hours and wear business attire, as you will be meeting with a detective after the exam who will ask you some preliminary background questions.

Good luck goodthoughts.

Comment

hey, sorry about the delay. I was waiting for my account to be activated. I have applied for the ffx cadet program. I passed the written. And my poly is June 4th. The background investigation takes about 6-8 weeks.
        Reputation & Truth

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4617 users online. 275 members and 4342 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X