Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanover Sheriff Dept

Hello,
    Monday, April 2nd, I am taing my written exam. I was just wondering, what kind of questions to expect? This will be my first and hopefully last attempt for this test or any test at all. The only reason I ask this is because knowledge is power and I'm trying to prepare the best that I possibly can.
    Thank You,
    Brad
    Last edited by 99 Fenix; 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM.
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

I do not have all the information you want, but I will tell you how my test was that I took a couple weeks ago. If you have a general idea of law enforcement concepts you should do fine. I'm a senior at VCU and have spent the last 4 years studying criminal justice, so the basic concepts of the law came easy for me. My test consisted of a 25 minute study time where we were given a booklet that had information about common crimes (burglary, robbery, etc), how to collect evidence, radio use, and mug shots with descriptions. After the study time, we took the test. It was 100 questions and the first 20-25 related to the booklet. After that there were questions related to map reading (picking the fasted route, etc) picking diagrams that best re-enacted an accident scene from a paragraph, and also general law enforcement situations with how to respond. I was extremely nervous too, but felt great about it after I finished. I'd say I'm about 1/2 way through the process now, and my B.I. is being done. Good luck!

Comment

ok thanks! it doesnt seem like it is too hard...i'm just ready to knock it out. and good luck with your process as well

Comment

Good agency, tough to get on with them (or so I am told). If you live in the county, you get a take-home vehicle and their equipment is pretty good.

Anyway, it may seem minor semantics to mention it - but in Virginia it is a sheriff's office, not a 'department'. Police have departments. Even the news media will mess up that one!

Good luck!!
        Last edited by VA Dutch; 03-27-2007, 07:42 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

yea, i realized that after i posted...I have also heard they are hard to get in to, so thats why i picked them, they must be one of the best!! My appologies, I did mean Sheriff's Office, I worked a turn around today (got off at 6am then back at 2pm) so I'm down to basic functions!! haha...nervous, yes, scared, no. I have nothing to hide an dmy record is pretty much flawless. No skeletons!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2859 users online. 146 members and 2713 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X