Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Stafford question

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here knew what criminal justice academy Stafford county sheriffs puts their deputies through, or if you have to self sponsor. It doesnt say anything on their website, and I take the test on March 10th. Any information would be much appriciated, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Rob84; 01-17-2007, 09:42 AM.
    "If 13 is an unlucky number, than 12 and 14 are guilty by association."

Originally posted by Rob84
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here knew what criminal justice academy Stafford county sheriffs puts their deputies through, or if you have to self sponsor. It doesnt say anything on their website, and I take the test on March 10th. Any information would be much appriciated, thanks in advance!
    Stafford is a member agency of the RAPPAHANNOCK REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACADEMY in Fredericksburg, VA. They send you and you commute. Good Luck.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Hey thanks! do you know if its a live in acadamy or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob84
        Hey thanks! do you know if its a live in acadamy or not?
        First rule to become a LEO. Pay attention to detail. Re-read my response to you and I bet you find the answer. Again, good luck.
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman
          First rule to become a LEO. Pay attention to detail. Re-read my response to you and I bet you find the answer. Again, good luck.
          Oh, I got it now. Sorry about that, thanks again!

Comment

Stafford County

Yes, "rookie" Stafford deputies will likely attend the Rappahannock Regional Criminal Justice Academy. They have more than one campus, but the one closest to Stafford is located in Spotsylvania County - just about one mile outside of Fredericksburg.

It is a "commuter" campus, so you don't have to worry about living there. If you want to live in a dorm during the academy, apply to be a state trooper.

{The link to their web page is here: http://www.rrcja.org }

Best of luck to you! Stafford is a pretty good agency and the county's population has been growing by leaps and bounds. While some of the county is still rural, so many people are moving there to live in "bedroom communities" that are more affordable than Prince William or Fairfax. Believe it or not, quite a few Stafford residents commute to Washington every day.

Oh, how I wish I would have been able to purchase real estate there ten years ago.

P.S. Since it is a regional academy, officers/deputies from some 30 different agenices may be training there with you. Many smaller PDs and SOs don't hire enough people to run their own academies, so they send their recruits to regional ones.
            Last edited by VA Dutch; 01-17-2007, 06:47 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch

Yes, "rookie" Stafford deputies will likely attend the Rappahannock Regional Criminal Justice Academy. They have more than one campus, but the one closest to Stafford is located in Spotsylvania County - just about one mile outside of Fredericksburg.

It is a "commuter" campus, so you don't have to worry about living there. If you want to live in a dorm during the academy, apply to be a state trooper.

{The link to their web page is here: http://www.rrcja.org }

Best of luck to you! Stafford is a pretty good agency and the county's population has been growing by leaps and bounds. While some of the county is still rural, so many people are moving there to live in "bedroom communities" that are more affordable than Prince William or Fairfax. Believe it or not, quite a few Stafford residents commute to Washington every day.

Oh, how I wish I would have been able to purchase real estate there ten years ago.

P.S. Since it is a regional academy, officers/deputies from some 30 different agenices may be training there with you. Many smaller PDs and SOs don't hire enough people to run their own academies, so they send their recruits to regional ones.
              Thanks VA DUTCH!
              I did my application online a few weeks ago, and they got back to me yesterday. I have been invited to take the test on one of three test dates. I choose the March 10th test date. I live about 12 miles from the courthouse, and the drive would be against traffic both ways! south in the morning, and north at night. I was checking out the academy's website yesterday, and I saw the pics of graduation classes. There are alot of different agencies! I also saw all the patches from the departments that send their trainees there. Thanks again!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4600 users online. 286 members and 4314 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X