VSP Height/Weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSP Height/Weight

I noticed on VSP's website that they still use the Height/Weight chart to determine eligibility for employment. I'm in relatively good shape, but still stand 17 lbs overweight according to the chart. Of course, with those charts Arnold Schwartzenneger is overweight. Does anyone know if they stick hard and fast to that?
    Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
    Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
    Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
    Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

They went by it when I was hired. If over weight the day of the physical (1 week before my employment date in my case) and if everything else looked OK, they simply told you that you could loose some and come back and try again (of my small group, one was told to go loose some and come back later) for the next school. This was after the testing and all so they didn't retest you, just updated the background and re-examined you (physician) and reweighed you for the next school is all ... they only gave you one second shot at it I was told.

That was in the late '70s so take it for what it's worth.
    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
      That was in the late '50s so take it for what it's worth.

Gee your still working ?

Comment

Originally posted by wcso234
        Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
        That was in the late '50s so take it for what it's worth.
        Gee your still working ?

Cute. Real Cute.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

hey I try

Comment

Years ago they had to be 5'10", but I think now any heght is OK as long as it is proportional to weight

Those big "phillips head frisbee" hats make the shorter guys look like mushrooms

Comment

I thought it was 5' 11" and 170 lbs. I think that's what my dad told me. He was in the last VSP basic that had height/weight minimums and didn't allow females.

Comment

If you are overweight according to the chart, they will tape measure you for body fat percentage.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm glad they got rid of the minimum height. At a towering 5'6" I fall a little "short."
                  Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
                  Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
                  Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
                  Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

Comment

The 50s!? Does your code number start with two zeros?

Comment

Hey don't laugh... Our current Chief started with our dept in 1962. Do the math there. That is 44 years in one place. He started prior to the Miranda decision and a few other milestone cases. His code number is in stone tablet.

I can remember when VSP Troopers were all 6'11" and 250 pounds, looked like monsters with gray and blue on. Now most seem more normal sized.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10525 users online. 413 members and 10112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X