X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Monticello Police Dpt.

Applicants must be:
    At least 21 years of age.
    Be a high school graduate or equivalent (higher education is desirable).
    A U.S. citizen.
    No criminal background.
    Possess or be able to obtain a Virginia Operator's License, and have a driving history with no significant traffic violations.
    Current Certified Law Enforcement individuals are encouraged to apply.

Final candidates will participate in an oral board, undergo a physical and drug test examination, and a comprehensive background investigation will be conducted.

Additional Information

The Lake Monticello Police Department provides an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, retirement package, and tuition assistance.
    Police Officers have opportunities to advance skills in a variety of responsibilities provided to the public.

Submit a Lake Monticello Owner's Association employment application to:

Lake Monticello Police Department
    857 Jefferson Drive
    Lake Monticello, VA

Does any one know if this is a good dpt to be a part of or any thing about it?

It is not too far from Charlottesville. Lots of "old money" in that area, but it is supposed to be a very nice place.

I never knew that they had their own police department, though. I know nothing about the size, type or structure of the agency, but I reckon you could find out a lot by doing a Google search on it. They have an "association" there, so that should tell you it is a pretty exclusive type of community.

Not likely you will be getting a lot of calls about someone having a junked car in their front yard -- but you better be prepared to deal with snobby teenage children of those who can afford to live there.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by VA Dutch; 06-22-2006, 09:09 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch

It is not too far from Charlottesville. Lots of "old money" in that area, but it is supposed to be a very nice place.

I never knew that they had their own police department, though. I know nothing about the size, type or structure of the agency, but I reckon you could find out a lot by doing a Google search on it. They have an "association" there, so that should tell you it is a pretty exclusive type of community.

Not likely you will be getting a lot of calls about someone having a junked car in their front yard -- but you better be prepared to deal with snobby teenage children of those who can afford to live there.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Lake Monticello is a gated community in Fluvanna county about 20 minutes from C'Ville. PD there is pretty much grounds security. It may be an in to get certified, but don't expect too much beyond delivering nasty letters from the HOA. It used to be one of the only affordable places to live around here, but it's not so affordable any more. Quite a few cops from C'Ville and Albemarle live there. Many of the residents are transplants and not the local "old money."
        "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

That sounds like the City of Atlantis, FL. The entire city limits is a gated community.
          That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

Thanks guys this is really useful I was not sure if they were certified but now I know well thanks again. P.S is there really a lake.
            Last edited by jack0003; 06-23-2006, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Yeah, HOA covers swimming in the lake, but you have to pay to use the pool. I am not sure if the agency is accredited, but by law you one year to become certified once you are sworn in VA.

The lake's jurisdiction is entirely residential, there is a food lion and a restaurant outside the gates.
              "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

This is too funny. I never thought I'd see the LMOA police department be the subject of a forum thread. I live in Lake Monticello. Here's a couple sites with some info.

www.lmoa.org
                www.fluvannaonline.com

We have about 10,000 residents in the neighborhood. The main section is gated and there are 3 ungated sections. We have a large lake with 5 beaches and a smaller fishing lake. There used to be mainly old people retired from the northeast but now many young families live here. I fall into the later category.

The PD gets their authority from the sheriff I believe. I'm not 100% sure on that though. The are accredited though. They patrol the residential areas. They used to be able to patrol the main roads around the lake but that went away for some reason. They do some speed enforcement and handling "domestic" situations around the lake. Some people in here can be a bit uptight so I imagine the PD has to deal with some of that. Some people aren't as important as they think they are. They don't pay squat from what I hear. Don't count on it as your primary income. You'll be on WIC if you do.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll answer them if I can. I'm VSP FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by dren
                  This is too funny. I never thought I'd see the LMOA police department be the subject of a forum thread.
                  At first glance I thought it said, "I never thought I'd see the LMAO police department. . ."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5402 users online. 394 members and 5008 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X