300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax County Police

Can anyone share any info on the first test and interview. I have it in an month thanks.

Test isn't too bad if they haven't changed it. It used to be some basic English/Grammar skills, basic math, observation and recall, basic problem solving, differentiation of pertinent facts and observations from useless info, and map reading. The first interview used to be one on one with a detective that covered some basic personal history.
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Fairfax County PD

Good agency, nice equipment, plenty of opportunity for an officer at any career level. On the negative side, it is very, very, very expensive to live there. A small three-bedroom house will run you more than $300k - even in a 'marginal' neighborhood.

I know they have many officers who reside outside the county and are able to take their vehicles home with them.

Good luck!!!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

What about the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office.? I put in for both agencies... FFX PD and Sheriff Office.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Good info on the SO and PD in Fairfax, sir. Oh, but the word is subpoena.

But I forgot to mention that there is both a Fairfax City and a Fairfax County -- and each of them is a separate/independent entity from the other (like Roanoke City and Roanoke County). Virginia is the only state that is set up this way (I believe).

There are several 'independent' cities that do not fall geographically within any county. Richmond, Charlottesville, Virginia Beach, Alexandria, Norfolk, Manassas are but a few I can think of right now. Then we also have "towns" in VA.....which are usually landlocked within a particular county but have their own police departments and - sometimes - their own schools and fire departments.

Ah, nothing like a little bit of political confusion in the Old Dominion state.

P.S. We have a Richmond City (the state capitol) and a Richmond County, but they are about sixty miles apart!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Thanks for the info everybody.

Comment

The test encompasses situational videos and "what would you do if you were in that situation" questions. The interview was fine. They just went over a form they filled out. Drugs, record, education, etc. The polygraph is intense. It takes 90 minutes just to go through all the questions then the polygraph takes another 15-20. They go real DEEP into your history. Be honest, and whatever you say will be written down. All that information will go to whomever else you apply to. Only answer the question and do not share more information than necessary. Good luck to you.

Comment

Reference VA Dutch's statement, I'd say a 3 bedroom single family home is likely to be in the mid $400's or higher.

The PD has a good reputation, and is among the best equipped PD's on the east coast. The problem a lot of the officers are having is that they end up having to live far from the county in order to have a reasonable lifestyle. With the rising gas costs, and unpredictably frequent court appearances, the commute is starting to hurt officers even more.

Don't apply to the SO unless you would enjoy working corrections. The SO does not typically get involved in what people think of as real police work. They do corrections, court security, and civil process.

I have worked in corrections and on the street, and I think they are two very different animals. For the most part, I think cops' personalities are either street-oriented or jail-oriented. Do yourself a favor -- don't waste your time applying to a job that's not geared towards your mindset.

Comment

The Fairfax Sheriffs Office and Police Dept. are fantastic. I am sure you will be happy at either one. Good agencies with a lot of toys, Huge budgets, and good pay. Nothing bad to say about those guys. In my opinion, most of the N. VA agencies are good to work for.

Commute if you can, the drive will kill you, but you will save money. I will say that there is no cheap housing within 50+ miles of Fairfax, and that might be a stretch. One Fairfax guy I know lives in W. VA and drives in each day.

Good luck!
                  Nobody, I mean nobody makes Sheriff Bufford T. Justice look like a possums pecker.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
                    Reference VA Dutch's statement, I'd say a 3 bedroom single family home is likely to be in the mid $400's or higher.
                    Where did you buy? A townhouse with/garage is nearly 460-550...SFH's are going for 600+. At least in the area of NOVA that is not overrun by illegals.

Comment

Fairfax County Police

I'm in the process right now, and i'm just awaiting my final interview with the captain. My background is about two weeks away from being completed. The initial testing was video based and asked questions about what we would do in certain situations. It also asked us map based questions and simple math... nothing really that difficult.

The polygraph was long, long, and long.

After that, the physical abilities test was easy, not difficult at all. The medical exam is very tedious and they knitpick at every detail.

The back ground is long.
                      Last edited by hwangsoo62; 06-01-2006, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I want to thank everyone for the advice about the test. I am now filling in the background packet.

Comment

I'm not sure of the length of the process but it has been moving quickly. If you check the web page i'm sure there is more info.
                          Last edited by jack0003; 05-17-2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I have taken the written and have a polygraph and physical comming up in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I live in in woodbridge virginia near fairfax. A 3 bedroom house is probably up to about 500+ now the cost of living here is outragous.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4554 users online. 265 members and 4289 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X