300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Band

I heard that Petersburg Police Officers finally got a pay raise, does anyone know what there starting salary is for a certified Officer.

Not enough to work in that town.

According to their website they start at 29,115.
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

That is the truth, but I guess that is alot better than what it was. They will never get paid enough in that city.

Comment

University of Virginia Police

I also found a job description for the University Of Virginia for a Police Sergeant position. The salary range for that is $ 50,587.00 to $57,759.00.
        Is this a true salary for this department? and what kind of crime and calls for service do they run. Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by patrol 105
          I also found a job description for the University Of Virginia for a Police Sergeant position. The salary range for that is $ 50,587.00 to $57,759.00.
          Is this a true salary for this department? and what kind of crime and calls for service do they run. Does anyone know?
          UVA was hiring a sergeant at that pay rate, but their base pay for officers is around 33k. Typically they run alarms calls, building checks, hospital security, football/basketball traffic (ZOO), and other on campus crap, they rarely wander into the city. Pretty cake job if you don't mind standing around directing traffic alot. Don't expect too much excitement. They have a small investigations division and I think one of their detectives is assigned to our regional drug task force. They can take classes while on duty though.

-web
          "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Our Dept. starts at $41,000 as an officer. Lots of Overtime available.

http://www.mwaa.com/authority/police/index.htm

Comment

How is MWAA to work for? I am a Federal police officer and have thought of making the switch any advice or anything you can tell me about the Dept.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6477 users online. 350 members and 6127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X