300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Departments

Any ideas on departments that pay well with a low COLA? Also what are the "best" agencies to work for down there?

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

I think VA Beach is paying pretty well, dunno what the COLA is since I left in 98 though. You could always live a ways south down in NC if need be.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
      I think VA Beach is paying pretty well, dunno what the COLA is since I left in 98 though. You could always live a ways south down in NC if need be.

I lived there '91-96 and return to visit family. Last time I was there in '03 I had a hard time recognizing the place, it has GROWN.
      The pay seems decent but I think the COL is rising. I've been up here so long I'm afarid to move.

TGY
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Northern Virgnia pays the best. COLAS in some agencies are sporadic but usually are at 2 - 2.5 % a year. It's fun to watch one jurisdiction suddenly give out a big pay raise then watch the others scramble to catch up. I can't complain at all. When I retire, I'm going to take my N.VA $ and live like royalty somewhere else.
        sigpic
        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6462 users online. 338 members and 6124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X