300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrico Police June 2016

Hey all, Henrico Police is still accepting applications for its June 2016 academy. Application period ends December 28th.

Thanks! I thought I had missed the date, so I appreciate the reminder.

Comment

No problem, good luck!

Comment

I'm looking for information if anyone can tell me about the staff interview? I've never been to an interview like that and I want to be successful. How can I better prepare myself?

Comment

Just realize that they are not trying to trick you or intimidate you. If you have gotten that far they see something in you and genuinely want you to succeed. Just relax. Focus on good interviewing techniques, make eye contact, address people properly ( rank and name, and if you don't know, sir or ma'am. Most importantly take your time and address the question that is asked to the best of your ability. Take your time, it is not a race. Just relax and think it through.

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I guess I jumped the gun. I actually have the polygraph test first and if I pass that I move to the interview. I guess I was over anticipating. Is getting selected for the polygraph still a good sign? I like to to prepare for things. I'd rather be proactive then reactive. Is there anything in particular that I can do in this part of the hiring process?

Comment

I've been contacted by my background investigator so the process is moving pretty fast

Comment

good luck! I've been contacted to set up the polygraph test.
                Last edited by Usmc_potential; 01-10-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Being selected for the polygraph is still great news. Any step forward is good news. Congrats. The only thing I would say to do now to prepare, is get mentally and physically ready. Make sure this is something that you want and if it is then prepare physically. You have six months. Work on what they said in your intro letter. Running, push-ups sit-ups that sort of thing. I would recommend sprints in addition to timed distance. Most of all just relax and have fun while you still can....just not too much fun! Good luck.if you have any questions feel free to ask I just can't give away all the fun!

Originally posted by Usmc_potential View Post
                  Thanks for your advice. I guess I jumped the gun. I actually have the polygraph test first and if I pass that I move to the interview. I guess I was over anticipating. Is getting selected for the polygraph still a good sign? I like to to prepare for things. I'd rather be proactive then reactive. Is there anything in particular that I can do in this part of the hiring process?

Comment

Originally posted by curloftheburl View Post
                    Being selected for the polygraph is still great news. Any step forward is good news. Congrats. The only thing I would say to do now to prepare, is get mentally and physically ready. Make sure this is something that you want and if it is then prepare physically. You have six months. Work on what they said in your intro letter. Running, push-ups sit-ups that sort of thing. I would recommend sprints in addition to timed distance. Most of all just relax and have fun while you still can....just not too much fun! Good luck.if you have any questions feel free to ask I just can't give away all the fun!

Is there anything to be nervous about with the interview?

Comment

Got the call today for an interview with a background investigator

Comment

Congrats. Are they still taking applications?

Comment

I do not think so. From what I remember, they stopped taking applications around December 28, 2015.

Comment

well damn a day late and a dollar short...lol

Comment

How is everyones hiring process going ? Im about to take my Poly this week. Im pretty excited!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7836 users online. 423 members and 7413 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X