300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh to Northern Va.

Hello fellow brothers and sisters! I recently have been offered a job in Northern Va. with a Sheriff's Office. I was curious as to what everyone's opinion is with Northern Va.? I'm from a suburb of Pittsburgh, Working 4 Part Time Police Departments with the closest opening for full time is 2 years away.. This is a full time offer, I have family here in Pittsburgh. I do not have family in Va. I do not have a wife or children, and I'm 25. Is it worth the move? Cost of living is a bit more, but I can swing it. It will be tight for a little while until I get my bearings and start working some OT details and things like that. I was just curious as to what everyone's opinion was given my situation with nothing really holding me back here.. Thanks for everyone's opinion and I appreciate it. Stay Safe Brothers and Sisters.

Regards,

PGH08

Can't beat a full time position. If you go though beware traffic is crazy there.

Comment

You're better off. Even with it being tight, you can sometimes find cheap places if you're willing to commute.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

checks craigslist nova for cheaper places to rent/live. if it is a full time job with good benefits. you are young, single, no kids. pittsburgh is still close enough to drive home often to see your family. i would do it!

Comment

Off campus housing for George Mason has some decent listings. If you get a chance, check out the "Washingtonian" magazine at barnes and Nobles. It has a good article on living in the DC region titled "Can I afford to live here?"
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by PGH08 View Post
            Hello fellow brothers and sisters! I recently have been offered a job in Northern Va. with a Sheriff's Office. I was curious as to what everyone's opinion is with Northern Va.? I'm from a suburb of Pittsburgh, Working 4 Part Time Police Departments with the closest opening for full time is 2 years away.. This is a full time offer, I have family here in Pittsburgh. I do not have family in Va. I do not have a wife or children, and I'm 25. Is it worth the move? Cost of living is a bit more, but I can swing it. It will be tight for a little while until I get my bearings and start working some OT details and things like that. I was just curious as to what everyone's opinion was given my situation with nothing really holding me back here.. Thanks for everyone's opinion and I appreciate it. Stay Safe Brothers and Sisters.

Regards,

PGH08
            I grew up just south of Pittsburgh, I live in the nova area and work here as LE. Cost of living is much higher, but you can swing it. Send me a DM if you have any specific questions and ill try to help you out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6420 users online. 362 members and 6058 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X