300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral from IL

I tried searching but wasn't able to locate much useful info. The wife is applying for jobs in the Blacksburg Radford area which means so am I. I am certified LE in IL and just wondering if I will need to be attending academy again in Virginia or what it takes to transfer the certification in? Thank you in advance for any assistance and Stay safe!

Originally posted by DISP911 View Post
    I tried searching but wasn't able to locate much useful info. The wife is applying for jobs in the Blacksburg Radford area which means so am I. I am certified LE in IL and just wondering if I will need to be attending academy again in Virginia or what it takes to transfer the certification in? Thank you in advance for any assistance and Stay safe!
    You will still have to go to a VA academy. Hopefully you only have to go to certain portions of the academy rather than the whole thing.

Comment

tj05- Thank you...that is kinda what I figured. should know in the next couple weeks if she has the position or not. I'm really hoping I start to see some more hiring posting coming up from Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Montgomery County SO or Radford!

Comment

Originally posted by DISP911 View Post
        tj05- Thank you...that is kinda what I figured. should know in the next couple weeks if she has the position or not. I'm really hoping I start to see some more hiring posting coming up from Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Montgomery County SO or Radford!
        Those are all pretty good departments. Look to see if VT police department is hiring also. I've heard nothing but great things about their department, but its hard to get on there.

Comment

Thank you tj05. You wouldn't happen to have any idea when some of those departments listed might hold testing in the near future would ya? I know around these parts a lot of agencies test in the fall and spring, didnt know if that holds true out to the east also or not?

Comment

This site usually stays up to date on whose hiring in VA. http://www.vachiefs.org/index.php/resources/jobs/

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
              This site usually stays up to date on whose hiring in VA. http://www.vachiefs.org/index.php/resources/jobs/

Comment

You probably won't be applying to Chesterfield based on the distance from Blacksburg, but I know laterals in our department went through a condensed (basic) academy. It focused more on county policies and VA laws, as well as the more fun parts of the academy - weapons qual, driving, etc. Also, our laterals were treated as sworn members from day 1 in the academy.
                Chesterfield County Police

Comment

I see there is a Roanoke County and Roanoke City Police Departments. Are they one in the same or what are the main differences other than a larger patrol area for the county I'm guessing??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6092 users online. 338 members and 5754 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X