300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesterfield PD January 2015

Hey guys. I had been following the July 2014 thread so I figured I'd start one for the January 2015 academy.

I have my background/poly in a few days and was trying to find out what to expect. What questions are asked? If there are certain ones, or types of ones. How long does it take? Do you go over the entire questionnaire or just certain parts? Any info would be great!

Meeting with your background investigator is relatively low stress. You'll be with them for about an hour. You'll meet with him/her and go over that large packet you filled out, the whole thing. It is your chance to make any corrections and clarify anything you might have had questions on.

This is also the time when your BI gets to know a little bit more about who they will be investigating and you get to learn a little bit about the person doing the investigating.

The poly, well I don't think you'll find anyone who enjoys taking a polygraph. It is a stressful time for anyone who's gone through it, let alone someone who has never done one. Stress and nervousness are to be expected. All you can do is be yourself and be honest about all the questions you're asked.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've also heard that they get you to open up and show them any social media while you're there. Is that true? Or do they just look at it on their own?

Comment

I haven't heard of that, sorry.

Comment

So I had my background investigation today. Took the pre-poly interview and the poly, which I was expecting. Wasn't too bad. Then fingerprints and had a mugshot taken. I didn't know that was done today. But the big surprise was taking the three personality tests. I didn't know they did that the same day. Hopefully that's a good sign? Or is that pretty standard?

Comment

Its pretty standard for the department to group together several steps of the employment process. But I would hardly call having your picture taken a mugshot. Criminals get mugshots lol.

Comment

Haha I didn't know what else to call it. But alright thank ya again.

Comment

Good luck waltersjt!
                "What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Comment

Got an e-mail from my BI today about having a home visit. I hadn't heard of that before. Anyone know what that consists of? Or how long it takes?

Comment

The will come out and speak with neighbors and your parent(s). It just gives them an idea of how and where you grew up and a chance to get to know who you are through people that have watched you grow up. It doesn't take terribly long I don't think.

Comment

I didn't grow up in this neighborhood, so the neighbors don't know me that well. And both of my parents are going to be at work. My BI just said it was going to be a quick catch up on my status and he was going to tell me some of the benefits of the department. I didn't know what exactly that meant. I guess just to see how every things going with the process? Is he going to want to go talk to any neighbors?

Comment

waltersjt: Have you had your home interview yet?
                        "What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Comment

Yeah I did. It wasn't much of an interview I'd say. Just catching up and seeing if anything needed to be updated in my file. He also went over some things about the dept like benefits and things like that. He was here not even 15 min so it wasn't too bad. He said the next step was to do a ride along and I mailed the ride along packet back. I got it in the mail the same day as the home visit. Good timing I'd say. And he had called me because he needed to talk to me about something, I'm assuming about the ride along. I know most of this process is waiting, but it's starting to kill me! lol

Comment

Send me a PM when you find out who you're riding with Walt.

Comment

Alright copy that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4428 users online. 247 members and 4181 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X