300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake vs Norfolk vs VA Beach

I've always wanted to apply to Chesapeake, VA Beach, and Norfolk Police Depts but can't decide which dept I think is best to pursue.

(I would apply and pursue all three if I could afford it, but on a 7 eleven hourly wage I can't afford to consistently travel up for all 3 processes.)

If you could pick one of the three, which one would you pick and why? Thanks guys.
    Norfolk
    0.00%
    VA Beach
    75.00%
    Chesapeake
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by dwaynejohnson; 04-27-2014, 06:52 AM.

Are you coming from another state? VB combines steps for out-of-state applicants. Only 3 trips are needed.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I'd stay with chesapeake or vb. although I've heard you have more freedom at chesapeake such as chases and such. I have friends that work at both places and there are pros and cons to each just like any department/job etc.

Comment

http://wtkr.com/2014/05/01/58-new-po...ays-no-thanks/

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea about an arena being built.

I've been told by multiple people that Norfolk will get me the experience in 1-2 years that would take me 4-5 years in VA Beach, but VA Beach just seems like such a quality city (safe for family, clean, good schools.)
          Last edited by dwaynejohnson; 05-01-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

At most it would be more along the lines of 2 years vs 1 year. You'll stay plenty busy at VB.

Comment

Does this mean the July 2014 academy is in jeopardy?

Comment

Originally posted by VBLOCAL89 View Post
                Does this mean the July 2014 academy is in jeopardy?
                I can't say for sure since I'm not in the loop, but they've been saying for the last few years they want to have bigger academies so I imagine that's what the article was alluding to.

Comment

I talked to LETA today-- the 2014 academy is still on and final offers could be made until June 7.

Comment

I'm wondering how big both these Norfolk/VB July academies will be...
                    Last edited by dwaynejohnson; 05-06-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

That gave me a headache....
                      Originally posted by RSGSRT
                      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                        That gave me a headache....

Why don't you support light rail and an unnecessary soccer arena!!!!!!!!!!!!

No light rail? Why do you hate the.... er.... environment!!!

Comment

I'm going to pursue Norfolk's PD. Thanks everyone for thoughts.
                          Last edited by dwaynejohnson; 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwaynejohnson View Post
                            I'm going to pursue Norfolk's PD. Thanks everyone for thoughts.
                            Best of luck to you.
                            "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
                            - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Does anybody know what Shifts and pay chesapeake has? I have been looking into Va Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake and suffolk. Va Beach seems to have the beset schedule and pay starting out. Norfolk promotions seem easier though. VA beach, being 4 days on 3 off seems really nice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3094 users online. 202 members and 2892 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X