300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax County Traffic Signal

This is a question geared towards those of you in Fairfax County. I speak of a traffic signal at the junction of Rolling Road and Fairfax County Parkway. If you get off the Pkwy going southbound onto Rolling Road, then make a right..........there is a traffic signal about 100 yards away (that regulates traffic from a side street) that has "filters" or louvers in front of the red/yellow/green lenses. It renders the signal light nearly invisible until you get right up on it.

Whose idea was this? Why did they do it? Have any of you ever written a summons to a motorist for running that red light? If so, how could YOU even see it from an oblique position to the road?

I have not seen a traffic light with this 'feature' since I drove through PA a number of years ago.

Just curious about this!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Having been out that way before I wondered the same thing and can only assume its so folks don’t try to time their approach. There are actually a few around that neck of the woods that are only visible when you are practically underneath them. As complaining as some folks are in that area I assume the county and or state has good reason to not “fix” it.

Perhaps you can wade into the pool that is Fairfax Underground and pose the question there. http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/ I poked around but couldn’t find an answer. With the caveat that some of the folks on there are - - - shall we say odd.
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3440 users online. 227 members and 3213 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X