Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virginia Mass Processing (relatively quick hiring)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Virginia Mass Processing (relatively quick hiring)

    Hello, I'm considering branching out from NYC,. I'm looking into Virgina , I'm considering moving out there.

    I'm currently processing for NYPD, but I'm thinking that Virgina or the surrounding area might be appealing

    Are there any relatively quick hiring / turn around departments ) any that do mass processing for out of state applicants?

    I know a couple of mass processing departments such as BPD and MPD, but thats Maryland.

    If so can anyone recommend departments? I wouldn't be moving until I received a conditional offer.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by KingofSix; 12-12-2013, 11:31 AM.

  • #2
    Henrico PD is currently hiring right now, they are a really squared away PD. It will take exactly 6 months to complete their hiring process. I did talk to some guys when I took my initial physical agility test and some came from NJ. GL!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Navarretg View Post
      Henrico PD is currently hiring right now, they are a really squared away PD. It will take exactly 6 months to complete their hiring process. I did talk to some guys when I took my initial physical agility test and some came from NJ. GL!
      Thank you Navarrntg, will be following up

      Comment


      • #4
        I moved to Virginia from Pennsylvania and I looked for departments that did mass processing for out of state applicants and honestly did not find one. I processed with local departments in VA and uniformed federal agencies in DC, and made a separate trip down every time for every step of each process. I didn't come across an agency that did mass processing, at least not in 2010-2011 when I did my processing.

        I work for Alexandria PD and they moved pretty fast; I think the whole thing took 6 months which was faster than other places and definitely the feds. Hope this helps

        Comment


        • #5
          Just as a side note, I only processed places in Northern Virginia. I have also heard the same that Henrico's process is fast.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lakerfan91 View Post
            I moved to Virginia from Pennsylvania and I looked for departments that did mass processing for out of state applicants and honestly did not find one. I processed with local departments in VA and uniformed federal agencies in DC, and made a separate trip down every time for every step of each process. I didn't come across an agency that did mass processing, at least not in 2010-2011 when I did my processing.

            I work for Alexandria PD and they moved pretty fast; I think the whole thing took 6 months which was faster than other places and definitely the feds. Hope this helps
            thank you very much Laker, I will definitely look into Alexandria PD aswell.

            Comment


            • #7
              Virginia Beach's process takes less than a year. Need to take 3 trips down to get hired.

              1st - written/pt
              2nd - polygraph/background
              3rd - oral/psych/medical - you'll get your conditional offer after the oral and final offer after medical.

              Any questions about the department, feel free to ask.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dansik View Post
                Virginia Beach's process takes less than a year. Need to take 3 trips down to get hired.

                1st - written/pt
                2nd - polygraph/background
                3rd - oral/psych/medical - you'll get your conditional offer after the oral and final offer after medical.

                Any questions about the department, feel free to ask.
                this is what i'm looking for, thank you dansik.

                Comment


                • #9
                  bro...no more NYPD??
                  New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Eli Manning View Post
                    bro...no more NYPD??
                    the chain and ball just got a tentative gov gig in Virginia. We are discussing the possible move.
                    Last edited by KingofSix; 12-12-2013, 10:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                      this is what i'm looking for, thank you dansik.
                      Originally posted by Eli Manning View Post
                      bro...no more NYPD??
                      Thats what I asked myself… I hope you have reasons for this type of move Sprinkster….
                      NYPD Exam 1315
                      APD-5: submitted
                      Initial Medical: done
                      Social Media: done
                      Written Psych: done
                      Oral Psych: done
                      BI: done
                      JST: done

                      Patiently awaiting that dream job !!!
                      Courtesy Professionalism ​Respect

                      NYPD from A to Z ( click on the link below)
                      http://www.thewatchscene.com/2012/12...nypd-from-a-z/
                      Always remembered ...
                      http://www.odmp.org/officer/21042-de...eter-j-figoski

                      "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        reason is right above ya Chris LOL, its not set in stone though... but I have to think of our future in this case... so it has to be a reasonable compromise

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          your wife got a govt gig in VA?

                          nice...i hear good things about virginia beach pd...they also do expedited events...good luck bro
                          New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I tried for Virginia Beach (but I didn't complete the academy) - I applied in August 2011 and picked my test date for February 2012. I made 3 trips and started the academy in July 2012. Just under 5 months. They run 2 academies a year and you can pick which academy you apply for.
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                              I tried for Virginia Beach (but I didn't complete the academy) - I applied in August 2011 and picked my test date for February 2012. I made 3 trips and started the academy in July 2012. Just under 5 months. They run 2 academies a year and you can pick which academy you apply for.
                              glad to hear reoccurring notes of this quick processing. if I may ask why were you not able to complete the academy? were you not giving a second chance the following academy? also is the academy stay in or you leave everyday to go home ? thanks

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 1576 users online. 124 members and 1452 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X