300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Williams County Sheriff

Does Prince Williams County Sheriff Deputies work 8, 10 or 12 hour shift? What is the sheriff office issued sidearm.

Not sure about the shift or the sidearm, but it is the "Prince William (no 's') County Sheriff's Office" about which you inquire. They are a good agency, have nice cars & equipment and they also cover the cities of Manassas and Manassas Park - kind of like the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office covers both Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax.

Prince William County has a police department, too; which is their primary law enforcement agency.

Good luck with your search for information!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I recently submitted my app w/ PWCSD.... Hoping to begin the process w/ them.
      MPD:Tested 12/14/09 awaiting background completion
      City of Alexandria Police: Applied 2/16/11

Comment

The Prince William County Sheriff's Office issues the Glock in 9mm I believe. They work 8 hour shifts (Mon-Fri) as they only provide security in the judicial complex and serve civil process (as the Police Department handles primary law enforcement duites and the regional detention center is operated by jail officers). Just be mindful that the PWCSO is a fairly small agency (with less than 100 deputies) and, like most sheriff's offices in the commonwealth, there is no job protection - you essentially serve at the pleasure of the sheriff. Hopes this helps....best of luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by DepMatt View Post
          The Prince William County Sheriff's Office issues the Glock in 9mm I believe. They work 8 hour shifts (Mon-Fri) as they only provide security in the judicial complex and serve civil process (as the Police Department handles primary law enforcement duites and the regional detention center is operated by jail officers). Just be mindful that the PWCSO is a fairly small agency (with less than 100 deputies) and, like most sheriff's offices in the commonwealth, there is no job protection - you essentially serve at the pleasure of the sheriff. Hopes this helps....best of luck!!
          Very helpful.... I didn't know about the job protection part. Thanks!
          MPD:Tested 12/14/09 awaiting background completion
          City of Alexandria Police: Applied 2/16/11

Comment

Thank everyone for the informative responses. @ DepMatt is PWCSO responsible the adult detention center?

Comment

No they are not.

Do the Deputies have take home cars?

Comment

The Sheriff's Office is not responsible for managing the Prince William / Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center. However, if you are interested in working in the ADC, Prince William County is virtually always hiring Jail Officers and (unlike many other surrounding jurisdictions) the Jailers are started at the exact SAME base pay as the County Deputies, Police, and Fire & Rescue personnel. In fact, the Jail Officers often make more than the Deputies as they work longer shifts (12.5 hours I believe) and have more potential for overtime / night differential / holiday pay. It's a pretty sweet gig considering the correctional academy is less than 3 months. As far as Deputy Sheriff take home cruisers are concerned - they are only provided for those working civil process & warrant service (and those sections are highly competetive and require several years on from what I hear). Hope this helps....let me know if you need any further information!!

Comment

Thanks DepMatt!

Comment

What sidearm does Prince Williams County Sheriff Office issue to the deputies?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5163 users online. 329 members and 4834 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X