300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrico is hiring again.

Just a heads up to all of you out there. Henrico County Division of Police just opened their hiring again. I would expect that this academy will be for sometime in January. To all who apply. GOOD LUCK. I'm waiting to see if I got in the July Academy still. If you have questions about the process let me know since I have completed the entire thing. Once again GOOD LUCK!

henricojobs dot com look under public safety.

Thanks for the heads up. In your opinion how hard was the PAT? How soon after you passed your PAT and written do you hear back from HPD? Do they offer a ride along before their hiring date? Thanks

Comment

Henrico County does (or at least used to) allow "ride-alongs" for potential applicants. Heck, I think even ordinary citizens can go on one as well. They are a good agency! Much like Prince William, they have million-dollar homes within a short ride of some serious rough areas. You can get into just about anything in a county that size.

If you are considering a department down in the Richmond area, they are worthy of consideration. Chesterfield County (south of there) is another one. Look into Hanover County, too; but they don't have a PD - just a sheriff's office. Ashland is a town inside Hanover County with a great police department. Quite a busy place, too. The cost of living is WAY LOWER than in NoVa.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Thanks VA Dutch! Ive been living in Henrico county for a long part of my life and like all living aspects the county has to offer. I'm currently awaiting to hear back from RPD after I passéd my PAT and written. I really like both departments and hope I get hired by one of the two!

Comment

Originally posted by Navarretg View Post
          Thanks for the heads up. In your opinion how hard was the PAT? How soon after you passed your PAT and written do you hear back from HPD? Do they offer a ride along before their hiring date? Thanks
          Me being a Marine the PAT test was nothing. Run a 1/4 of a mile is what I wish I only had to do while in the Marines. It took about 2 weeks after that to hear back BY MAIL. Henrico doesn't use the phone for anything except to schedule the POLY and Oral Interview. I applied at the End of January and here we are. Waiting. Don't get impatient the waiting game is part of the process.

Dutch - I'm actually waiting on PWC also. They called the other day to talk about salary with me and said my file was being pushed to the top. Just waiting to interview with their chief now.

Comment

Nav. Don't just limit yourself to 2 departments. Obviously you're looking at January for the academy. Henrico is probably one of the hardest departments to get on with. I would apply to chesterfield. They have a test every month. I even still have them as my backup with a test date on the 19th of JUL if I am not in the academy. I started this process with 5 applications. I withdrew from the other when I got far enough that I thought I had a chance with the best departments I applied to.

Comment

Thanks for the advice USMC. Whats the best way to jump the 6 ft culvert? And how could I prepare for the 150lb dummy drag?

Comment

I'm 6'4 so jumping it was just putting my hands on it and hurtling it. You get a running start out of a police vehicle. Also the wall is made out a a pallet so if all else fails just climb thing thing . Don't stress about the body drag. If you have any strength at all and you can walk backwards, you're fine. I have seen a 110 female drag a 165lb dummy faster than me. The PAT is pass or fail so blowing everyone's time out the water is not necessary. Do well and show the instructors you're there to put 110% in, but DO NOT injure yourself, it's not worth a pass or fail with no one recording the individual scores. But if you don't work out I would suggest it. Specifically legs and back are used in the dummy drag. Start doing legs presses and squats. Run and to work out your back try some bent over rows. Obviously there are other exercises which hopefully you are familiar with. If not like I said I am more than willing to give you more info. I'll even meet with you once I get up there to give you some workouts and tips to being jacked money like me haha.

I wish you good luck man the PAT test is nothing to get worked up over (easier said then done, I know.)

Comment

I can't thank you enough for the advice USMC. I'm hoping I get the invitation letter this week. Where did you get your physical completed? I don't have health insurance and I'm trying to look at my options.

Comment

Well I have the Navy to do all of my medical work. Talk to Patient First maybe they can help you out. Do you have a friend that is a doctor or maybe a family member? Not too sure, but if you don't Patient First is probably the best/cheapest bet.

Comment

I don't see the job posting, did they already take the application down?
                      NYPD Exam #1309
                      List Rank: 3xx

Comment

It's still there brother. Its open from what I have heard from officers with Henrico until July 2nd.

www henricojobs com

click the "All other applicants" and scroll to public safety. It will come up with 3 postings. It is the first one.

Comment

Just to give everyone an update I accepted the offer from Henrico to start on July 15th at the academy. I am stoked. Once again if anyone has questions about the process I have plenty of time before the academy to help you out.

Comment

Awesome news, USMCmarks and thanks for the info!

Went to the "information session" last week for Henrico, and the physical agility/written test for me is in July...for the Jan 27th, 2014 hire date. Got awhile to go in the process.
                            Keep us informed on the academy you will be going to on July 15th!

Congrats, and Semper Fi!
                            (Prior Corpsman--3/2 81mm Mortar Team and 2/2 FAST Rope/Rappelling Team, 2nd Mar Div)

Comment

Thanks brother. I was with 1/2 for about 5 years. 2/2 is the armpit of 2nd Marines!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3762 users online. 264 members and 3498 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X