Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince William vs. Henrico County

Hey everyone,
    Just trying to get information on both of these agencies. I am deep in the process for both of them. Passed poly for both and I interview for Henrico on the 7th of May. Prince William I have the ride along scheduled for Monday. I would like to talk to Officer's from both of these agencies if possible. I am having trouble deciding between them and it seems as if they both are looking to offer me a spot in their July academy. I have a wife and son and I know it comes down to where I want to live. Pay doesn't mean that much to me because I am not doing this for the money. Any advice on this issue would be greatly accepted. Also if anyone is looking for advice on the application process for either I can help as much as I can.

Thanks.

Both are very good agencies in fast-growing areas. Cost of living is hands-down a lot less in Henrico than Prince William. The traffic is nothing like NoVa (Stafford, P.W., Fairfax, Loudoun, etc.), either. Henrico offers take-home cars to nearly every officer, which is kind of nice.

Both have very high-dollar neighborhoods and some run-down slums. Both have good relations with neighboring agenices, too. Both have top-notch equipment and opportunity to advance your career in several directions (K9, traffic, narcotics, tactical response team, etc.) if you choose.

If money doesn't matter to you, then flip a coin. You cannot go wrong either way! Good luck wherever you end up going!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Sounds like a win-win to me! Both are very professional, highly respected LE agencies in the state. Like Dutch stated, they are both progressive agencies with a lot of room for advancement. I will say that I see you are most likely a USMC veteran and will be in company of many fellow USMC veterans if you choose PWC PD. If it were me, I'd go with PWC PD due to the area. I prefer the Stafford and PWC area over the Richmond area. However, thats just personal preference based on time spent living in both areas.

Comment

How was the initial exam for Henrico? Did you study anything before you tested? I really like HPD, I lived here all my life and they are a great PD. The last recruits are all slowly starting to get their new Fords and they look awesome and I love their work schedules, 4 on 4 off. You could practically take a mini vacation during those 4 days!

Comment

No need to study for the exam they give you the material and 25 minutes to study. It was simple if you can read. I'm originally from chesterfield. I'm at the end of both processes. Almost time to poop or get off the pot. Anything else you want to know about the process let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCmarks View Post
            No need to study for the exam they give you the material and 25 minutes to study. It was simple if you can read. I'm originally from chesterfield. I'm at the end of both processes. Almost time to poop or get off the pot. Anything else you want to know about the process let me know.
            How did the Henrico panel interview go?

Comment

Panel interview went awesome. I took their psych test and interview as well. Now on to medical then sit a wait.

Comment

WOW! Congratualtions USMCmarks ! I submitted my application to both agencies about a couple of days ago and I cannot tell you how excited about this I am. I am from NYC and this would be an awesome change for me. My professor told me about Henrico PD becuase he worked for them for many years, even became a detective. I am willing to make this change in my life for one of these 2 agencies.

USMCmarks how long did it take for them to call you back after you submitted you application so you can move on to the next step? I am graduating in May 2014 and hope to land an LE job righ tout of college but with one of these agencies I know I will have a career for a very long time!
                PAPD
                Tested: 5/18/13
                Qualified

NYSP
                Tested: 10/13
                List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
                Tested: 11/16/13
                Eligible

PWCPD
                Tested: 2/3/14
                PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
                Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
                Test: 4/26/14

Comment

1-2 weeks to hear back by letter from henrico. PW I am not too sure.

Comment

Thank you, already heard from HPD, still waiting on PW.
                    PAPD
                    Qualified

NYSP

Yonkers PD
                    Eligible

PWCPD

Baltimore City PD

Comment

Any new applicants heard anything yet?

I received a letter and have to send them back a package. Thankfully I was exempt from the written exam because of my degree so the next step will be the poly

Hope you guys are having some luck as well!
                      PAPD
                      Qualified

NYSP

Yonkers PD
                      Eligible

PWCPD

Baltimore City PD

Comment

Did anyone here take their PT on April 8th for PWCPD with me? Or recently?
                        PAPD
                        Qualified

NYSP

Yonkers PD
                        Eligible

PWCPD

Baltimore City PD

Comment

I'm curious to know which one he chose. I'm from Henrico originally but have also lived in Woodbridge in PWC and done a ride along with them. When I retire from the Marines in a few years I'll take a hard look at both agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by richierichusmc View Post
                            I'm curious to know which one he chose. I'm from Henrico originally but have also lived in Woodbridge in PWC and done a ride along with them. When I retire from the Marines in a few years I'll take a hard look at both agencies.

I chose Henrico. It was a better for me with all the perks they offer us. Prince William doesn't give you a take home right away and the cost of living was outrageous.
                            Last edited by USMCmarks; 04-13-2014, 09:27 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Awesome. Are you already working there? I agree, PWC cost of living is pretty high. Most of the officers I met there that were living comfortably were retired military with pension helping them out or married to someone who was making big bucks in DC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5232 users online. 332 members and 4900 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X