300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herndon PD is hiring again

Herndon PD in northern VA is hiring again. The starting pay is $51,669. We are located in Fairfax County, attend their academy, and use their courts. PM me if you want to know more.

hiring more than a few officers this go-around?

Comment

Great department and town, was far in the process last go-around but received a final offer elsewhere first.

Comment

51k may sound like a lot of money for a rookie cop; but bear in mind that 50k in Fairfax County will put you right above the poverty level. LOL!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerfan91 View Post
          hiring more than a few officers this go-around?
          We are only hiring a few at this time. Unfortunately, our PD hires whenever somebody resigns or retires.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

51k may sound like a lot of money for a rookie cop; but bear in mind that 50k in Fairfax County will put you right above the poverty level. LOL!
            I hear ya on that. Very few of us live in Fairfax County. I reside in Prince William. It works fine if you have a spouse or roommates that work but we are pretty much up in the higher pay range for northern VA.

But, look at it this way, we are one of the few PD's in the area that is receiving annual raises and cost of living raises. Most places are still holding out on those.
            Last edited by dyerjp; 08-25-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Yes mine is about 44k and not far from Herndon! 51 sounds awesome haha. No big deal. My agency hasnt had a COLA in a while either

Comment

Not looking to leave where I'm at, but just curious; how many sworn and will you take a MD lateral?

Comment

We are at 60 sworn and unless there is a lateral academy, then we do not take laterals out of state. As far as I know, there will not be a lateral academy anytime soon.

Comment

Hmmm, I might have to put in an application here. Things are going really well at Alexandria PD but you never know what could happen.
                    A cop's main focus should be working themselves out of a job.

Comment

Go for it.

Comment

Is anybody here giving HPD a try? There should be a few more openings in the upcoming months.

Comment

I've forwarded some of our PM's information to a few guys I work with who I believe are considering it. Although they really like their take-homes.

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow morning!

Comment

Originally posted by wanttohelp View Post
                              I'll be there tomorrow morning!
                              How did it work out for you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4000 users online. 216 members and 3784 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X