300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMU police

Does anyone here have any in formation about the JMU police department?
    Are they a part of the town or their own agency?
    Hiring process?

Thanks
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

JMU has there own PD that is separate from Harrisonburg City PD and Rockingham Co. Sheriff's Department. They work for the university, but I believe they are also considered state employees since it is a state funded school. They have plenty to do since JMU is a big party school. As with all campus PD's they function differently than a traditional law enforcement agency. I have never heard anything bad, but I have also never heard anything good either. I do know these agencies tend to be stepping stones to other larger agencies.

One perk, the officers used to get free/greatly discounted tuition.

Maybe a JMU officer will see this and give more detailed information

Comment

JMU is located right off Interstate 81 (Harrisonburg) -- in one of the most beautiful areas of the commonwealth. Party school? Heck yes! (My sister-in-law went there, by the way.)

I've been there a few times for football games and they appear to have a pretty big department (or they were all working that day), as well as assistance from the local city PD and the sheriff's office. Nice campus and LOTS OF EYE CANDY....if you get my drift.

Go for it, get your foot in the door and lateral elsewhere if you don't like it.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

To Follow up
        I spoke with a SGT today. They do use part time officers and they also allow people to ride along.
        I have set something up and hope to have a good foot in the door
        The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5374 users online. 385 members and 4989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X