Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im stili studying. Because I tend to lose focus after 2 hours of reading. I gotta concentrate more lol.
    NYPD
    EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX
    Medical: 1/27- Done
    Written Psych: 2/6- Done
    Oral psych: 2/6- Done
    BI: Scheduled 3/4
    2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
    JST: June 10
    Mini Med: June 12
    The call : July 06 at 8:55am

Comment

Alright long story short, I came into the exam over confident. I studied all of my exam cram books and Barron's exam booklets thinking I had everything down packed. As soon as the exam starts the officer tells us that we will have 25 minutes to study a 5 page booklet containing information on what to do at a drunk stop. How to check if someone is driving under the influence and a couple definitions. Along with that We had 5 character profiles to remember, so i tried my best to remember all of the information that was given to me, i spent most of my time reading the character profiles since i thought the other information was things i already knew. Once we get started with the exam the first 25 questions are all questions based off of the reading passage that i seemed to think i knew. The next 10 questions were for the character profiles. After that the next 65 questions were basic problem solving and reading comprehension questions. I'm reading these questions thinking to my self wow this is so easy the obvious answer is B. I keep going through the exam and the maps section was even easier, I thought to myself that i would land this job in no time. As soon as i finish, I raise my hand and wait for an officer to come over and collect my exam. She takes my exam and puts it through the machine. She looks at it and says I'm sorry but you didn't pass the exam. My first response was "UH!? could you tell me my score?" she said the passing score was 60 and i got a 55!. I'm so upset, i went to my hotel right after and drank a couple beers, Watched the ravens lose and my Giants win. Overall it was a great experience i was able to understand how other law enforcement agencies work down south. They are very professional and straight forward. We had a chance to speak to several officers unlike other departments where you would talk to some proctors and have to wait 2 years to get a phone call. I felt like we were in the military the officers wanted all the applicants to respond saying "Yes sir" or "No mam". I'm encouraged to take more police exams to prove to myself that i can make it in law enforcement. I'm going to learn from my mistakes and i will succeed. At first i thought it was the end of the world but in reality it was just a new experience, something i learned from and something i wont give up on. I just want to say Thank you to all the members that responded to this thread.
      Last edited by TPERALT10; 01-23-2012, 06:43 PM.
      NYPD
      EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

"There is no study material needed for the test. Wear professional clothing..." unless they tell you not to, then change for the physical agility part. I wouldn't tell people this information if it wasn't correct.

Comment

Henrico is a very good agency down near Richmond. I took their test eons ago. It was not very hard - except for the part about being extremely nervous and "trying too hard" to dot every "i" & cross every "t" you can find!

The agility part was a piece of cake, at least I thought it was. I remember being seated in a patrol car, the testing officer blew a whistle and the mission was to open the door, jump out, run a short distance, climb a wall, go under an obstacle (can't remember exactly how it was done) and drag a dummy about 100 feet. I took the test for several agencies way back then and there is not much difference between them.

Only one (not Henrico) required a mile and a half run - which was no big deal for me when I was 23 years old and a military veteran.

Good luck to everyone in the process! Take the "shotgun" approach and test with as many agencies as you possibly can. Unless you have a serious flaw in your background, a major medical issue or a blanket "DQ" for any agency, I suggest that you keep trying. All they can do is say no. Be polite, respectful and honest.....and put your best foot forward.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by unit465 View Post
            "There is no study material needed for the test. Wear professional clothing..." unless they tell you not to, then change for the physical agility part. I wouldn't tell people this information if it wasn't correct.
            yes you're right i forgot to mention that it did say on the letter to arrive at the the test site with gym clothes and sneakers. One guy Actual came very dressed up like a lawyer or buisness manager and the recruits kicked him out of the room. He had to return for the next testing date which was the following week.
            NYPD
            EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

Edit: Nevermind.
              Last edited by ClairCR; 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM. Reason: Question answered

Comment

has anyone taken the Henrico test in the past few months? is the agility test the same as they show on their web site? fill out the application today and wanted to know what I'm up against.

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5022 users online. 315 members and 4707 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X