300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrico Police exam Jan 22.

Hey guys I just signed up and reserved my seat to take the Written and physical examination with the Henrico Police Department. I just wanted to know if there were any study guides specifically for this exam? if anyone's ever taken their exam, does it involve the basic memorization skills, Judgment and problem solving, Reading comprehension and Deductive reasoning? I just need any tips i can get. I'm driving 7 hours for this exam and i would like to study the best material possible.
    NYPD
    EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX
    Medical: 1/27- Done
    Written Psych: 2/6- Done
    Oral psych: 2/6- Done
    BI: Scheduled 3/4
    2nd Oral psych: 5/1- Done (passed)
    JST: June 10
    Mini Med: June 12
    The call : July 06 at 8:55am

Can anyone help me out?
    NYPD
    EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

Emailed them about study material and the response i got was “There is no study material. The test has 100 multiple choice questions. Since we only require a high school diploma or GED, the material correlates with such level of education."
      NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
      Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

I've taken their test. The first section consisted of memorizing as much information as possible for 5 profiles. The profile had a picture and certain descriptors to identify each. The profile was for either a suspect or victim. I think there was 15 minutes to study and memorize the profiles and then turning the page to answer questions about the profiles. You could not turn back the page. The next sections consisted of basic grammar questions, reading comprehension questions and report writing questions. There was also, at the end, some kind of behavioral assessment. Oh ya, there was a map reading section. I hope this helps. I took the exam about a year and half ago so it might have changed slightly. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Was there any math questions?
          NYPD
          EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

No math questions. However, I did take an exam that had math questions and they were very basic. An example was like, after a jewelry store was robbed the owner claimed a $335 watch, $210 chain and $124 earrings are missing. What is the total of all merchandise stolen? It was basic addition and subtraction. Again, the test I took didn't have any math. I only mentioned this in case Henrico PD added math recently.

Comment

Sucks. I had to withdraw my application after calling personnel and being told I wasn't eligible because I was born a month too late! They said if they pushed the Academy back they'd give me a call, and if not then to apply next time.

Comment

Thanks Kwf702! What happened after you took the test did you continue the process is or did you get hired with another Police Department?
                NYPD
                EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                  Sucks. I had to withdraw my application after calling personnel and being told I wasn't eligible because I was born a month too late! They said if they pushed the Academy back they'd give me a call, and if not then to apply next time.
                  I didn't think they had an upper age limit?

Edit: I think in your case it's because you were too young My bad.
                  Last edited by kwf702; 01-04-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
                    Thanks Kwf702! What happened after you took the test did you continue the process is or did you get hired with another Police Department?
                    I was disqualified with Henrico for some reason. I turned in my background packet and received a letter soon there after disqualifying me.

I am currently a recruit with Chesterfield PD. They are similar in size and function as Henrico PD. Chesterfield County is located South of Henrico County and is split by the city of Richmond.

Comment

Originally posted by kwf702 View Post
                      I didn't think they had an upper age limit?

Edit: I think in your case it's because you were too young My bad.
                      Correct, on the edit at least. I'm 20 years old and will still be 20 in June, but will be 21 in July.

Comment

Is Henrico PD offering another testing date?
                        The closing date for that position is Jan 30

Originally posted by TPERALT10 View Post
                        Hey guys I just signed up and reserved my seat to take the Written and physical examination with the Henrico Police Department. I just wanted to know if there were any study guides specifically for this exam? if anyone's ever taken their exam, does it involve the basic memorization skills, Judgment and problem solving, Reading comprehension and Deductive reasoning? I just need any tips i can get. I'm driving 7 hours for this exam and i would like to study the best material possible.

Comment

it is a general knowledge test, dont waste money on the testing booklets. if you passed high school, this test shouldn't be too hard. look professional, wear professional clothes, shave, fresh haircut..., shine your shoes.... Speak clearly, don't use slang, be courteous. Your first impression can make or break you.

Comment

They have 2 other exams on february 4th and february 11th
                            NYPD
                            EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

Thanks unit465 i wish we could wear proffesional attire but we got a physical exam right after the written part.
                              NYPD
                              EXAM 2302

list # 1XXX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6873 users online. 395 members and 6478 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X