300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natedog89 View Post
    Quick question I'm having a little bit of a tough time finding some of the stuff. Where did everyone get the storage container and the metal hangers? Also the running shoes I know they have to be white but can they have black on the soles I'm having a rough time finding an all white pair.
    Hey for the storage container I went to walmart, its in the automotive section. Just ask or look for trunk locker. The hangers I got at crate & barrell, 12 for 24bux, you can prob just go on the site, but time is limited. Sgt. Crespo said to shy away from cheap metal hangers, he used the dry cleaner ones as an example of cheap. The ones at c&b are thick sturdy and chrome. I had trouble with the running shoes myself, so I called Sgt. Crespo and he told me to get something that is predominately white, and if it had a bit of blue it is ok. I bought a pair of asics nimbus 12's at sports authority. Asics byfar makes some of the best running shoes. Good luck bro, see you the 27th.
    Last edited by NYSOFMIND; 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KentH View Post
      The answer I was looking for,not.
      What answer are you looking for? Was trying to be helpful, save the sarcasm for someone else.

Comment

We can cut that crap out before we even head to the academy guys. The quicker we can come together as a group the easier this will be.

Comment

Originally posted by v335690 View Post
          We can cut that crap out before we even head to the academy guys. The quicker we can come together as a group the easier this will be.
          Thanks V, we need to be all squared away.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
            What answer are you looking for? Was trying to be helpful, save the sarcasm for someone else.
            My question was are we there 4 or 5 days a week. Your answer was not an answer to the question. Dont get your feelings hurt, I was not trying to be sarcastic.

Comment

Five days for the 117.

Comment

thanks for the answer to my question.

Comment

Sorry if I didn't break it down in simpler terms. We start out in the beginning with 5 days, and the last phase it gets shortened to 4. Simple enough? No feelings hurt here. Next time you have a question Ill make sure to simplify as much as possible.

Comment

Actually as far as I know that is not correct. The 116th started out with 4 day work weeks, having FRI, SAT and SUN off (return to SPHQ on SUN evening). That didn't work too well so a few weeks ago they reverted back to 5 day weeks. From talking with a Trooper today he said the practical drills were normally 5 days long and it just didn't work out. With that being said all of the 117th and later academies will be 5 day work weeks.

Comment

Shirts,pants,coat etc should be on a hanger. I got mine military pressed.
                      I asked a Trooper this question today for you and he said that most everyone put all of the other clothes in the footlocker on the first day.

Originally posted by spyvlcn View Post
                      ok this is a crazy question but I really don't know the answer. are we to bring a suitcase/duffle bag with our clothes or do we just bring that foot locker that we had to buy?? i don't remember reading anything about this. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
                        Sorry if I didn't break it down in simpler terms. We start out in the beginning with 5 days, and the last phase it gets shortened to 4. Simple enough? No feelings hurt here. Next time you have a question Ill make sure to simplify as much as possible.
                        not worth a reply.....

Comment

Less then a week!

Comment

.. .
                            Last edited by Blue Falcon; 10-16-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I heard they are STILL making phone calls for job offers people. Last night someone was called and asked if they could report Monday. Still have hope if you are waiting to hear something.

Comment

Thanks a lot for that info, Im still waiting but I have a good idea that my name is close on the list. Does anyone know about how many spots they end up having open after the second week of class?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4344 users online. 239 members and 4105 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X