300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia State Police 117th Roll Call

Well guys with only about a month left before the kick off of the 117th basic I thought we should have a roll call thread to be used to share information about the best places to get the gear we need. for the local guys to share info on places to stay for the out of towners if they dont want to go home and where to grab haircuts, etc. And anything else from anyone (current Troopers) that would help the main thing is to keep as many going in the first day walking into the area office after grad. the more that come out the safer we are on the street. i know what its like to be all alone on a call it sucks!

I'll start out by saying I'm a richmond local that is a current police officer with experiance with VSP and I'll pass this on the faster everyone in the class comes together and drops the individual mindsets and works as a TEAM the faster things get easier!

I was never a trooper, but will offer simple advice to help young recruits make it through the academy:

"Cooperate and graduate!"

Best of luck to all the men and women who are selected to serve as new state troopers!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post
      [color=blue]
      "Cooperate and graduate!"
      From time to time you will need to modify that to "Cooperate to graduate". Don't take anything too personal, it is just one day at a time.

Comment

Lets go 117th. Everyone needs to stick together. In the end it could be the person next to you backing you up on a call.

Comment

Great now I feel left out! Congratz to all who made it. It was quite a process and I'm glad I was able to participate. Hope a packet still comes for me to start the 118th. You guys and gals better make the best of it because there was a lot of people that would give a lot to be in your shoes. Do VA proud and I hope to serve next to you fine men and woman someday. Again congratulations 117th recruits!

Comment

Hey guys. I am out of Fredericksburg and I have been anxiously waiting for my letter all month long. I just got my letter on Saturday. Congrats to all of us! We are honored and proud that we get a chance to be a part of a great organization. So far there has been a lot of good advice on this website. OfcJc- great idea of having this thread. I was just about to post on the other thread about where to get gloves, a knit cap, and a jacket this time of year. I see that there is a surplus store close to the academy. I was also going to check at Quantico.

Comment

congrats to everyone! Spy- i am going to run around friday and check Southern Police Equip. and Hull Street Outlet for the jacket and beenie and ill let you know what I found. And has anyone found a place that carries the Dickies Shirts? walmart carries the pants but the are nowhere to be found except for ordering online.

Comment

hey OfcJc - let me know what you find today at the 2 places that you hit. I will try some places this weekend as well if I can find any around me. About those Dickies shirts, if you goto Dickies.com, they have a retail locater that shows you all of the stores that sell their stuff. I just happened to get lucky; I found a dickies store at Potomac Mills Mall in Woodbridge that was going out of business. Got the shirts 50% off.

Comment

do they have much more dickie stuff left ?

Comment

i think that it closed already.

Comment

Hey guys not promoting or anything but if you want most of the equipment for the best price, check out bestbuyuniforms.com. They have all the dickies stuff and all the accesories you need but the shoes. For the shoes i went to militarygear.com, got a pair of bates for about 65. Just need to buy a jacket now and dont know what to get. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

I bought my jacket from J C Penny online. Its in the St Johns Bay brand. Navy blue and waist gathering.

Comment

Comment

Count me in fellas just got the call today and will be there on the 27th

Comment

Great news Natedog89. Let me know if you need local info on where to stay etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6363 users online. 344 members and 6019 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X