300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesterfield Police

Anyone else testing for Chesterfield Police? Thoughts? How are they vs surrounding areas such as Henrico and Richmond as far as standards and or employment? Any input would be appreciated.

Yea I'm heading down their tomorrow in order to take the test on saturday. From what I hear they are a good department especially if you are looking for a start as a LEO.

Comment

I did their Citizens Academy and two ride alongs. I really like the department. I like the officers, I haven't met one "bad apple". They were all very friendly. I live in the county and have no complaints about them.

Mysticine is a wealth of information. He works for them and is a GREAT GREAT help.
      Last edited by PaliBoy20; 04-08-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Make sure you examine their pay plans/steps and career development..... Its nice to get a title for your hard work, but the pay is also important.... Last I heard, they weren't paying for career development steps. Sharp uniforms, cars and good equipment!

Comment

Good agency.....although they look like forest rangers with their green uniforms. LOL!

Check 'em out, along with Henrico PD, Hanover (sheriff's office) and Richmond City. Plenty of other smaller agencies in that region, too!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Henrico is rumored to opening up application process again in June for a January 2012 class. They are stricter than most in this area and in the state as far as standards. They are slowly switching over to the LED light bars but many of their cars still have the bubble lights. Uniforms are sharp and equipment is good. I don't think they have GPS in all if any of their cars though (at least they didn't when I did the ride along last year).

Richmond city is more "loose" in their standards but aren't hiring (at least to my knowledge) and their pay is lower than CCPD and HCPD, but has more action and I'd imagine faster opportunity for growth.

Hanover is an up and coming county but is a small department, have the politics of "Sheriff" and aren't accepting applications right now. Uniforms are similar to CCPD only brown and their cars are nice. Looking for this department to grow in the near future with the developments in Hanover.

Comment

I am surprised that Hanover County has not yet added a police department (like with Henrico and Chesterfield), especially with how much their population has grown. At least they now have some Chargers in their fleet. Saw one down there a few weeks ago.

Loudoun County is also quite huge, but still a has a sheriff's office with no police department. Purcellville has its own PD, as does Leesburg - but they are towns. I suppose it will be up to the county supervisors, voters and administrator to make the call.

P.S. Good luck with the process. Your persistence and hard work will pay off!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Henrico County has pretty much always been the strictest department in that area when it comes to hiring standards. Sometimes it takes an applicant several times to apply, especially if they know you are putting in applications, just to put applications in. All cars newer than 2007/08 have the LED bars. GPS is now standard on each patrol vehicle. The top end pay for patrol is more than likely going to be higher there than any where else in the region. They are continuing to pay for college credits, and career development steps. There is a lot more to employment in law enforcement than just driving a fast car. Since that county is mostly urban, speed is not a major concern. With a good radio system and aerial support I don't think there is too much need to worry about who is driving the fastest car.

Hanover has a reputation for not putting up with any BS from their employees, wreck a car by driving negligently and they will fire you. Step out of line, they will fire you. They hold their personnel to a high standard. Unless it is inclement weather, they have to wear the shiny shoes all year long, don't get out of the car without your hat on, and you are expected to wave back to the public while driving.....a lot of agencies could learn a lesson from the Sheriff's Office. Top notch organization.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3150 users online. 174 members and 2976 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X