Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA ABC Special Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I didnt realize ABC is sent to cvcja. I’m attending the June 15 academy with a local agency in the lynchburg area. You said live in? Is that just for ABC?

    Comment


    • #77
      It all depends on the member agency that sends its trainee there and how far that trainee lives from CVCJTA.

      Its possible for an ABC trainee to live near the area of Lynchburg and not having to live at the academy housing.

      Its all distance of travel related at the state agencies. Trainees who stay at CVCJTA have curfew, have to be back to housing grounds by Sunday afternoon and cannot consume alcoholic beverages there.

      It's good experience for the trainee(s), it builds character. The beds are more comfortable at CVCJTA than the VSP's matresses at their training facilities.

      Comment


      • #78
        Yes tomorrow at 2 . Am I ready ?? Sureeeeeeee

        Comment


        • #79
          When do you think we will here back if we advance to the next step?!?!

          Comment


          • 3309
            3309 commented
            Editing a comment
            Heard a few weeks, academy is supposed to start sometime in June. I imagine they will keep things moving along relatively quickly. Just keep checking back here for any updates from anyone.

        • #80
          Thank you!

          Comment


          • #81
            Emails were sent out to individuals moving along to next steps of processing. Background investigations should be commencing in coming days.

            Comment


            • That_dude_tho
              That_dude_tho commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you certified or non-certified?

          • #82
            The agency has issued a raise beginning July 1 for 8% and an additional 5% on August 1 for a total of 13% salary increase for sworn employees only. The starting salary will also increase for the Special Agent position in the up-coming posting.

            Just wanted to pass that along.

            Comment


            • #83
              No abc guys in class of 98. Seems like agencies are sending less people these days…

              Comment


              • #84
                Here is the latest posting:

                https://www.abc.virginia.gov/jobs/pu...peningId=22285

                There are two hiring processes. One is certified DCJS police officer certification and the other is non-certified.

                new starting pay:

                State Wide $51,268
                NOVA $64,060

                Comment


                • #85
                  Hello, how’s everybody doing, anyone started processing anything after panel interview from January non certified exam group?

                  Comment


                  • #86
                    I’m part of the certified group from January. I have accepted the conditional job offer and I hopefully I get the final offer and start on the 27th of September. Seems like a lot of retired guys gonna be me. Most likely I’ll probably be the youngest.
                    Last edited by SeanMatt1688; 09-07-2021, 12:06 PM.

                    Comment


                    • 3309
                      3309 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congratulations!!

                  • #87
                    I'm in the non-certified group from January, has anyone done anything past the background investigation?

                    Comment


                    • 3309
                      3309 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Polygraph exam

                  • #88
                    Hello,
                    Is anyone on here that applied for the posting that closed in August 2021?

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 4702 users online. 290 members and 4412 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X