300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NH to VA

My wife and I are considering moving to VA from NH to be closer to family. Can any one tell me where I can find a list of standards for hiring?

Something like this...
    http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...t/autodis.html

•Used marijuana within 12 months.
    •Illegally used a controlled substance, other than marijuana, within 36 months; unless the applicant was under 21 years of age at the time of use, in which case 24 months shall apply.
    •Manufactured, transported for sale, or sold a controlled substance.
    •Used a controlled substance while employed in a law enforcement capacity.
    •Been dishonorably discharged from military service.
    •Been convicted of a felony.
    •Been convicted of a misdemeanor involving dishonesty, unlawful sexual conduct, physical violence, controlled substances, moral turpitude, or any offense which would cause a reasonable person to doubt the applicant’s character, honesty, or ability. See the partial list of examples.

Thanks!
    Last edited by NHNSP_ADMIN; 04-04-2011, 02:45 PM.
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Which department are you looking for in VA? The list you gave was for the NH state police. Are you looking to to the VA State police?
    http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Employmen...itment_Ad.shtm

Comment

I think he's just giving an example. In NH most agencies have the same hiring standards. Only having one academy sort of dictates them..

Comment

@Radford
        Sorry, I was meaning VSP. I saw the page you sent already but was looking for the standards for drug use, etc.
        The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

Originally posted by NHNSP_ADMIN View Post
          @Radford
          Sorry, I was meaning VSP. I saw the page you sent already but was looking for the standards for drug use, etc.
          I've heard of some getting in on usage way in the past but IMO if you've used any illegal drugs and the poly shows it you shouldn't get a job. There are alot of people that obey the law, the same laws your going to hold up that should get in way before those that have committed this crime.

Comment

MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by vagamer View Post
              I've heard of some getting in on usage way in the past but IMO if you've used any illegal drugs and the poly shows it you shouldn't get a job. There are alot of people that obey the law, the same laws your going to hold up that should get in way before those that have committed this crime.
              Thats what I was wondering, I know NH is very liberal about drug usage. I would hate to move states and find out that I couldnt get in.

Comment

Call 1-866-877-2329 and ask the recruiter for current policy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6149 users online. 330 members and 5819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X