Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traffic Advisor, Arrow Stick <======> Not authorized?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Advisor, Arrow Stick <======> Not authorized?

I havent seen these systems on any lightbars out here in VA. <======> They look like this. Does anyone know why they would not be? I have a friend down in Ashland who says they had one car equipped but was briefed by CALEA that they werent authorized.

The Police here in Roanoke have traffic advisors similar to that mounted right below the regular light bar.

Comment

My department is CALEA certified, and my car has one....

Comment

Few cars in Fairfax have them with the yellow strobes. But all of our lightbars can be put into directional.
        Reputation & Truth

Comment

i know they had one in hopewell, but not sure if they still do. i will look in to it
          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Pretty sure that Colonial Heights has them as well.
            Chesterfield County Police

Comment

They are authorized for use only for their intended purpose, which is to signal oncoming traffic while the patrol car is stopped. We can't put it in flash mode and use it while moving.

For some reason we are somewhat behind the times as far as approving amber lighting for rear warning.
              Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

They must be authorized, because I have seen many of them in several jurisdictions.

IIRC, amber lights on a police vehicle can only be used to the REAR and the vehicle must be stationary.

P.S. I saw one in Stafford County just a few days ago. The patrol car had an amber "Arrow Stik" (or equivalent) on the rear deck. I believe there were six yellow segments, with one red on the far left and one blue on the far right.
                Last edited by VA Dutch; 03-31-2011, 08:45 AM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

We had them on our Vista lightbars.....guys would run them going code to a call, we had one sergeant who used to go ballistic over that. Since he has some say in the car equipment installations, as the bars have been recycled, they have pulled all the bulbs and filters frpm some of them...really looks dorky, all those empty sockets.

Comment

There has long been discussion that the VSP will not allow amber flashers etc on cars....I remember seeing one in my local area, but it disappeared rather quickly.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4240 users online. 233 members and 4007 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X