Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyguy67899
    replied
    My BI is setup.. just waiting for next week.

Paliboy20... Like Jimmy V said man " Dont give up..Dont ever give up"
    If its something you want then nothing will stop you! Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Dellde
    replied
    Indeed. If I don't get in I'm going to just keep trying. Someone will say yes lol, and I'll do good wherever I'm given the chance.

Leave a comment:

• PaliBoy20
    replied
    Originally posted by Dellde View Post
    2 speeding tickets from a couple years ago can't be the reason you keep getting rejected, can it? I mean yeesh, if a speeding ticket gets you rejected then I would assume anything at all on a application would get you rejected. I mean, unless you were going 70 in a 45 or something.
    4 speeding in my history and yes all were 20+ MPH over except one and one was reduced as well.

I'm back to 0 points on my balance though.

I also have a previous undetected theft from 4 years ago.

Advice given by Alexandria Police was to try again in another year so I will just wait 2-3 before trying again and add more to my resume (volunteer, a BS degree, stable work history, no speeding tickets etc) and hope for the best. I've got a lot to offer and the passion is there so all I need is the chance to show it.

Leave a comment:

• Dellde
    replied
    2 speeding tickets from a couple years ago can't be the reason you keep getting rejected, can it? I mean yeesh, if a speeding ticket gets you rejected then I would assume anything at all on a application would get you rejected. I mean, unless you were going 70 in a 45 or something.
    Last edited by Dellde; 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PaliBoy20
    replied
    Originally posted by 3dot0 View Post
    A little late on this one PaliBoy, but I feel your pain. I was doing my background packet for an agency here in MD & counted all the applications to PDs & FDs since I started applying 3 years ago. I've submitted 51 separate applications in that time. Between rejections for my driving record, agencies taking laterals, cancelled academies, etc. I've been pretty much snakebit. My driving record is not the greatest, but I've spent a good amount of time driving like a grandmother & HATING it. We'll see, I'm in the process with VSP & my hometown agency in MD. I would tell you that if you don't mind leaving the commonwealth, I've heard that the Baltimore Police Department is hiring a class every 6-8 weeks. My driving record in MD has gotten me DQ'd a bunch, but in VA I didn't hear one word about it. Keep your head up, keep your eye on your goal & you'll get where you wanna go.
    I'm hoping you and the rest of the advice-givers here are right. I'd prefer to stay here in VA but definitely didn't eliminate the options outside. I figured I'd try in-state first. But, looks like I will just give myself more gap in between my tickets. It may help me in the future. Good luck to you man! I felt the pain with 8 rejections, I can't imagine going through 51. Determination though, pal. We'll get there!

Leave a comment:

• 3dot0
    replied
    A little late on this one PaliBoy, but I feel your pain. I was doing my background packet for an agency here in MD & counted all the applications to PDs & FDs since I started applying 3 years ago. I've submitted 51 separate applications in that time. Between rejections for my driving record, agencies taking laterals, cancelled academies, etc. I've been pretty much snakebit. My driving record is not the greatest, but I've spent a good amount of time driving like a grandmother & HATING it. We'll see, I'm in the process with VSP & my hometown agency in MD. I would tell you that if you don't mind leaving the commonwealth, I've heard that the Baltimore Police Department is hiring a class every 6-8 weeks. My driving record in MD has gotten me DQ'd a bunch, but in VA I didn't hear one word about it. Keep your head up, keep your eye on your goal & you'll get where you wanna go.

Leave a comment:

• Dellde
    replied
    Ah, that makes sense. I guess that's the like, packet thing they give you to fill out yea? Mine says Personal History Statement now that I'm looking at it.

Leave a comment:

• PaliBoy20
    replied
    Originally posted by Dellde View Post
    What is a phq? A patient history questionnaire?
    Personal, not patient.

Leave a comment:

• Dellde
    replied
    What is a phq? A patient history questionnaire?

Leave a comment:

• natedog89
    replied
    Got the call to set up the background investigation today

Leave a comment:

• natedog89
    replied
    So has anybody heard anything in the last couple weeks?

Leave a comment:

• PaliBoy20
    replied
    I've definitely looked into it but most of the departments have relatively the same admission standards as police so I figured I should just let me record clear up before attempting anymore.

Leave a comment:

• v335690
    replied
    PaliBoy20. Keep at it. Apply everywhere YOU are willing to work. Don't give up. Have you thought about applying in at a correctional facility or does that type of job interest you? I have to admit reading your posts you have that "don't give up attitude" and that will get you far in life. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• PaliBoy20
    replied
    Thanks v. I'll try. Guess I will wait 2-3 years and let my record clear up...

Leave a comment:

• v335690
    replied
    Paliboy don't give up. Keep applying.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2440 users online. 145 members and 2295 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X