Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paliboy20, I'm not a recruiter and I have no clue who will accept you and who wont. From my understanding you are young with your whole life ahead of you. From what you typed (actions) I don't tink you are DQ for life. Take the next 5 years (I know it sounds long) and do the right things with your life. Be a better person, and live your life with high morals. Learn a language, volunteer your time and NEVER pass your mistakes off; take ownership of them.

A buddy of mine who visits this forum said what I'm typing, this was his opinion. He is a Lt with a local department.. If it makes you feel any better I am 38 years old applying to departments. Times goes quick my friend just do the right thing and never give up if this is your end goal!!!

PS

If there is a lot more to what your sharing ( I doubt but) only you know, and if so then you may want to move on.

I wish you luck I mean that and I know how you feel. I have been there my friend. I got sidetracked for 20 years doing the right thing and I am now chasing my dream!!
    Last edited by jcioccke; 04-06-2011, 03:52 PM.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
      I don't think I will look into another career. I will look for another "job" right now though. This is what my career choice is going to be. I guess I will just give it time like everybody says between my "mishaps" or "poor history". Because yeah, I understand the best of the best right now, so I will wait until things look better for me. I will have more job experience, a BA degree, and going to do some volunteering as well while keeping my driving record clean.
      PaliBoy, I know exactly how you feel. But don't give up. Please don't. There is a way. There is always a way. I know a certain person that can make a way out of now way (but thats another topic for another day). KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. There's a reason this happened. Someones looking out for you. :-)
      -------

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys!

I definitely don't plan on giving up. Just looks like I will be forced to take time before applying again. I definitely owned up to all that I have done in PHQs and polygraphs (passed the VSP one). It is what it is and it happened, no sense in lying. All I can hope for is the chance to show that I have changed and that I have learned from these mistakes (you'd be amazed how 180 my driving habits are now).

Looks like a different route for now until next time! Good luck to the rest of you!

Comment

So apparantly it has been a rough week for almost everyone on this thread including me. Just want to tell everyone that if this is what you believe you are meant to do please don't give up. Good luck to all you guys in future and let me know how everything works out for you

Comment

Originally posted by natedog89 View Post
            So apparantly it has been a rough week for almost everyone on this thread including me.
            ? What happened to you to make it rough?

An update to others: According to the Coordinator of the 117th.. they haven't gotten a roster yet and there are still slots open from what they know. They will offer up 25 slots as alternates in case they have drop outs the first few weeks all of whom will have slots starting out for the 118th otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by vagamer View Post
              ? What happened to you to make it rough?
              Well apparantly the polygraph said I was showing deception when I was asked if I've ever stolen anything valued over 25 dollars. Which I haven't, and I kept telling the guy that its never happened. I haven't been DQ'd yet, but it's pretty much just a matter of time now.

Comment

Well apparantly the polygraph said I was showing deception when I was asked if I've ever stolen anything valued over 25 dollars. Which I haven't, and I kept telling the guy that its never happened. I haven't been DQ'd yet, but it's pretty much just a matter of time now.
                I showed the same deception on mine, but am clean as a whistle. My BI was pleased enough with everything he learned about me during that phase to send me on up, and I here I am today. Don't sweat the poly too bad.

Comment

I just applied to VSP this week. Does anyone know how often they test, or when the next testing date is?

Comment

Originally posted by hunter45 View Post
                    I just applied to VSP this week. Does anyone know how often they test, or when the next testing date is?
                    Takes about a year or so from applying before you get to test usually. Some didn't test for almost 2 years after applying.

Comment

^^^^^^

Glad someone asked and you replied. I applied awhile ago. I did receive a letter acknowledging my application and told I will be contacted later for a testing date.
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

It all depends I think, lol. My whole process took about 6 months from when I applied.
                        "Oh oh, the State is here......"

Comment

5 years for a speeding ticket? Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by VSPClem View Post
                            I showed the same deception on mine, but am clean as a whistle. My BI was pleased enough with everything he learned about me during that phase to send me on up, and I here I am today. Don't sweat the poly too bad.
                            Thanks, it get kinda discouraging, this is my second failed polygraph and I haven't lied on any of them. The last one said I showed deception when I was asked if I've ever been terminated from employment. I've never been fired and I have had three polygraphs since then and was asked the same exact question without showing any deception. I'm just getting real confused about the whole thing

Comment

Thanks, it get kinda discouraging, this is my second failed polygraph and I haven't lied on any of them. The last one said I showed deception when I was asked if I've ever been terminated from employment. I've never been fired and I have had three polygraphs since then and was asked the same exact question without showing any deception. I'm just getting real confused about the whole thing
                              Keep in mind there is a reason they aren't admissable in court

Comment

Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
                                Keep in mind there is a reason they aren't admissable in court
                                Still doesn't mean they are not pretty darn close to showing a issue. It's all in how you view yourself when you reply to the question asked. Deception could be skewed to past or future.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4157 users online. 256 members and 3901 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X