Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* got the letter today....rejection #8. Good luck to the rest.

Comment

sorry to hear that Paliboy20. Keep at it though eventually an opportunity with arise..

Comment

It's hard to be optimistic but let's hope so natedog, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
          *sigh* got the letter today....rejection #8. Good luck to the rest.
          Did it say why? If it didn't I'd call and find out cause it may be something you need to look into that you may be able to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by natedog89 View Post
            Thats a good start. lol I just didnt want to see you wait until the last minute and not be ready after working so hard to get in. Little advice though if you add about a tenth of a mile in your running every week until you get your final word it'll make the transition a lot easier.
            Also, its not the heat so much as that July humidity that gets you
            Well I can get a mile in under 15mins hard walking/jogging, I'm trying to push that down 30seconds each day.

Comment

Originally posted by vagamer View Post
              Did it say why? If it didn't I'd call and find out cause it may be something you need to look into that you may be able to correct.
              Said Background evaluation. My guess is driving record and a previous undetected theft I had. My real question is why they allow someone to go to Polygraph etc etc when all that stuff is already put out on the PHQ that is given to them BEFORE the polygraph (this goes for every department). Really gives me false hope...

Comment

Mostly driving record as it has been the reason specifically for other department rejections...

Comment

Mostly driving record as it has been the reason specifically for other department rejections...
                  How bad was it? I've not heard much from my checking yet although I know back when I was younger I had about 4-5 speeding tickets. I had lead foot but the last one I had was over 8 years ago and anything beyond 10years shouldn't be even looked at. But I didn't expect to get this far considering how many with clean driving records and pot smokers they are prob letting in. I've never done illegal drugs so if a few speeding tickets keep me out vs those that have shot a line or passed the bongs around get in then they can keep it.

Comment

Two speeding tickets in 2007, 1 in 08, 1 in 09. Nothing since. Taken a voluntary driver improvement clinic since and have been clean since. Driver point balance back at 0 I believe. The advice I keep getting is "3-5 years"....so guess I will wait and see how it goes in another year..

Comment

Sorry PaliBoy I have been there it hurts man, I know the feeling. Take the time away then come back my friend.

I wish you luck!!!
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                        Sorry PaliBoy I have been there it hurts man, I know the feeling. Take the time away then come back my friend.

I wish you luck!!!
                        I appreciate that jcioccke.

Comment

Two speeding tickets in 2007, 1 in 08, 1 in 09. Nothing since. Taken a voluntary driver improvement clinic since and have been clean since. Driver point balance back at 0 I believe. The advice I keep getting is "3-5 years"....so guess I will wait and see how it goes in another year..
                          Yeah I've been told 5 years at least since last one. And the Theft you mentioned prob was the icing on the cake.

As for the rest, I've gotten more details from my friend whom is teaching at the academy and he said today the 118th is tentatively going to start Feb of 2012!!! So there ya go... it's pushed back that far! I've not heard anything on the 117th but he's going there Wed to do a few things so he will ask about what testing dates were in the running for what class and if the 117th is hired up along with how it's going for the 118th.

Comment

Originally posted by vagamer View Post
                            Yeah I've been told 5 years at least since last one. And the Theft you mentioned prob was the icing on the cake.

As for the rest, I've gotten more details from my friend whom is teaching at the academy and he said today the 118th is tentatively going to start Feb of 2012!!! So there ya go... it's pushed back that far! I've not heard anything on the 117th but he's going there Wed to do a few things so he will ask about what testing dates were in the running for what class and if the 117th is hired up along with how it's going for the 118th.
                            I understand they are faults but it's like....what do I do? It is the past. I understand they were mistakes. I am learning from them, I fessed up to them...what else can I do? Just give it time? Is there honestly a real chance or is that just talk?

Comment

I understand they are faults but it's like....what do I do? It is the past. I understand they were mistakes. I am learning from them, I fessed up to them...what else can I do? Just give it time? Is there honestly a real chance or is that just talk?
                              To be honest I think your wasting your time, they want the best of those that are applying and from what I gather first hand once picked you will get through the academy so long as you don't give up as it isn't that hard. But sounds as if anyone has a major flaw or serious history of issues then they won't consider you. Seems my checking is underway, my wife was interviewed today along with a few of my references already getting a call from the BI so it's going along good for me so far but hey, if it falls through then ohh well at least I tried which is what you did.

You may wish to look at another career if your having the same luck why any type of law enforcement agency.

Comment

I don't think I will look into another career. I will look for another "job" right now though. This is what my career choice is going to be. I guess I will just give it time like everybody says between my "mishaps" or "poor history". Because yeah, I understand the best of the best right now, so I will wait until things look better for me. I will have more job experience, a BA degree, and going to do some volunteering as well while keeping my driving record clean.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5280 users online. 321 members and 4959 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X