Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VSP 118th

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VSP 118th

    Thought I would start a thread for everyone hoping to get into the 118th. Also, was wondering if anyone else got the letter today saying they were moving on?

  • #2
    Already a thread for 118th but anyway, good luck to you! Still waiting to hear from my BI for the interview for 117th

    Comment


    • #3
      natedog, how long after you submitted the online information did you hear your were moving on to the next stage?

      Comment


      • #4
        I submitted the online information on 18th and just got my letter last friday the 25th so like five weeks

        Comment


        • #5
          Have you attended a testing date for the physical and intelligence/personality tests? I was wondering if you had been approved to move on to the polygraph stage?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
            Already a thread for 118th but anyway, good luck to you! Still waiting to hear from my BI for the interview for 117th
            Yeah I saw that there was another one about two minutes after I started this thread, but anyway thanks for the good luck how are you making out with your background

            Comment


            • #7
              Still waiting on my call from the BI. I took my polygraph on the 7th, I think. They told me two weeks so I am just waiting. I had a friend of mine tell me they haven't contacted him either yet so I am sure they are just bogged down with a lot of work!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
                Still waiting on my call from the BI. I took my polygraph on the 7th, I think. They told me two weeks so I am just waiting. I had a friend of mine tell me they haven't contacted him either yet so I am sure they are just bogged down with a lot of work!
                Yea I'm sure they are with all the testing they've done the past few months. How was the polygraph I take mine next wednesday

                Comment


                • #9
                  Piece of cake. Stay calm, tell the truth and you'll be fine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
                    Still waiting on my call from the BI. I took my polygraph on the 7th, I think. They told me two weeks so I am just waiting. I had a friend of mine tell me they haven't contacted him either yet so I am sure they are just bogged down with a lot of work!
                    The BI prob won't contact your references or whomever other than maybe talk to a few local law enforcement peps until they talk to you first. Seems mine went over a bunch of information and checked off a bunch of things to ensure he wasn't going to waste his time. I'm surprised it's taking this long for you to be contacted cause it was only about 9days between my Poly and my contact.

                    From the way it sounds and the time it's taking unless they bump people up quickly you and I both are looking at the 118th and not the 117th. I'm told the PT part isn't all that bad so long as you don't give up on them but I've been walking daily to stay in some basic shape. I've not signed up for any gym activity since I'm not 100% sure if I'm in yet so I wish they would hurry up and say yes or no so you can prepare better.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So are all of you 117ths? You all had me confused for a bit because at my testing date they specifically told us we were the 118th hopefulls. Good luck anyways!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sorry vagamer, I guess I wasn't clear. My friend hasn't been contacted not as a reference but he's in the running for the same class as well. He took the poly on the 9th. And I completely understand how you feel on the PT part. I know they say never give up, but being rejected by 7 departments isn't exactly motivating me to "run faster". I still am doing physical activity though.

                        Phoenix, during my written test which was the beginning of January, I was told that our group is the last for the 117th and we'd be the quickest to get through the process. The way vagamer keeps talking, we could be in the running for the 118th. So, I guess only time will tell gentlemen (and ladies). I shall definitely keep you guys posted.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vagamer View Post
                          The BI prob won't contact your references or whomever other than maybe talk to a few local law enforcement peps until they talk to you first. Seems mine went over a bunch of information and checked off a bunch of things to ensure he wasn't going to waste his time. I'm surprised it's taking this long for you to be contacted cause it was only about 9days between my Poly and my contact.

                          From the way it sounds and the time it's taking unless they bump people up quickly you and I both are looking at the 118th and not the 117th. I'm told the PT part isn't all that bad so long as you don't give up on them but I've been walking daily to stay in some basic shape. I've not signed up for any gym activity since I'm not 100% sure if I'm in yet so I wish they would hurry up and say yes or no so you can prepare better.
                          Vagamer, I was a personal trainer for three years so take my advise and prepare now. It takes longer to get back into shape than most people think it does. Other than that good luck with the rest of the process

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post

                            Phoenix, during my written test which was the beginning of January, I was told that our group is the last for the 117th and we'd be the quickest to get through the process. The way vagamer keeps talking, we could be in the running for the 118th. So, I guess only time will tell gentlemen (and ladies). I shall definitely keep you guys posted.
                            I was in the same testing date as you already know but I never heard them say either way except possible start dates and that ranged from May to July but budgets could alter that so who knows. Just going off of my friend whom is a trooper already and will be teaching a class at the academy says that time is slipping by for those in the 117th to get fully checked out mental and physical stuff let alone background checking so that's what leads him and I both to think that those of us in that Jan8th testing are looking at the 118th most likely. Doesn't matter either way to me, just hope the Richmond summer isn't that hot this year.

                            Originally posted by natedog89 View Post
                            Vagamer, I was a personal trainer for three years so take my advise and prepare now. It takes longer to get back into shape than most people think it does. Other than that good luck with the rest of the process
                            I'm doing about a mile worth of walking/running at least every other day along with basic stretching and stair climbing. I figure 6 weeks will get my cardio and strength up which is what I'm hoping I'll have at least that amount of time knowing I'm in so I can prepare.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thats a good start. lol I just didnt want to see you wait until the last minute and not be ready after working so hard to get in. Little advice though if you add about a tenth of a mile in your running every week until you get your final word it'll make the transition a lot easier.
                              Also, its not the heat so much as that July humidity that gets you
                              Last edited by natedog89; 04-01-2011, 08:16 PM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4028 users online. 260 members and 3768 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X