300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartments In Centerville area

Does anyone know of any apartments or townhouses that give discount in the centerville?

I don't know any specific ones but I know there are a lot of places around here that do offer some kind of a discount. You'll just have to talk to the leasing office. The places I've been too normally just drop the application fee......
    Reputation & Truth

Comment

Thanks for the info getting ready to move up in two months just trying to figure out where i should start looking

Comment

I lived at the Post Corners, off Rt. 29 and if I recall they give an LEO discount but that was a few years ago. The property was nice, with secure gated access and I remember a number of Va State Police cars at the complex.

Comment

Usually the places that give free/almost free rent are places that really REALLY need a courtesy officer i.e. are pretty crappy.

However most places I've looked will wave the application fee or security deposit if you're LEO/Doctor/Teacher

Comment

Not exactly what you're looking for, but after a long search for rentals, the place that I found to have the most bang for the buck was the community off of Newton Patent Court (Google map it). Any of the places that branch off of that road: Gringsby Ct, Manassas Gap Ct, Black Horse Ct, etc. Mostly townhouses, 2-3 bedrooms, 1100-1500 square feet, about $1400/month. Neighborhood is pretty nice; haven't had any issue with crime, and don't really ever see cruisers in the area on calls...

Check Craigslist (with caution...if it sounds too good to be true, it is of course) - that's where we found our place - and also Zillow.com.
            "You can just go ahead and common sense your way out of this conundrum!"

Comment

Thanks for the info guys will check these places out.

Comment

This thread has given me an idea since I own a condo not far from this area. I've often thought that if I could be assured of being able to rent to ex-military types (knowing the odds are high that it would be well maintained), that I'd entertain the idea of renting my condo, but I know there are laws against picking and choosing when you advertise to the general public. But if I were to mention it only on police forums like this (since there aren't any good military forums), I wonder if that could be a way to increase my odds of a good renter without breaking any anti-discrimation laws. In other words, military folks and cops are dream tenants for landlords because they usually keep property in good shape. Anyone happen to know? Guess this is more of a question for a lawyer....

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                  This thread has given me an idea since I own a condo not far from this area. I've often thought that if I could be assured of being able to rent to ex-military types (knowing the odds are high that it would be well maintained), that I'd entertain the idea of renting my condo, but I know there are laws against picking and choosing when you advertise to the general public. But if I were to mention it only on police forums like this (since there aren't any good military forums), I wonder if that could be a way to increase my odds of a good renter without breaking any anti-discrimation laws. In other words, military folks and cops are dream tenants for landlords because they usually keep property in good shape. Anyone happen to know? Guess this is more of a question for a lawyer....
                  Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm fairly certain that you can advertise (or choose where *not* to advertise) however you feel like it. The only time you'd run into problems is if expressly stated in your advertisement that you weren't permitting women, Protestants, Canadians or some other protected class to live in your place.... Or if you made your decision based on some protected class.

Now, if you get 5 potential renters, one of which is former military, there is nothing that says you CAN'T choose that person based on their military experience. Rules only say that you can't disqualify the other four for reasons that would include race/gender/national origin/religion/etc.

That said - not knocking the military - but I've had reason to be inside of the homes of a number of military households, and they wreck their apartments/houses *at least* at the same rate as the general public... I'm a bigger believer in looking at credit scores! Not that it's guaranteed that someone with a low credit score will trash the place - I'm definitely not arguing that. But the chances of someone who has a 750+ score acting like a bum is slim to none.
                  "You can just go ahead and common sense your way out of this conundrum!"

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                    Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm fairly certain that you can advertise (or choose where *not* to advertise) however you feel like it. The only time you'd run into problems is if expressly stated in your advertisement that you weren't permitting women, Protestants, Canadians or some other protected class to live in your place.... Or if you made your decision based on some protected class.

Now, if you get 5 potential renters, one of which is former military, there is nothing that says you CAN'T choose that person based on their military experience. Rules only say that you can't disqualify the other four for reasons that would include race/gender/national origin/religion/etc.

That said - not knocking the military - but I've had reason to be inside of the homes of a number of military households, and they wreck their apartments/houses *at least* at the same rate as the general public... I'm a bigger believer in looking at credit scores! Not that it's guaranteed that someone with a low credit score will trash the place - I'm definitely not arguing that. But the chances of someone who has a 750+ score acting like a bum is slim to none.
                    u
                    Wow, Gentle Giant......that is truly great info. Back when I was in the military, folks who lived on base had to keep their quarters immaculate, but as you're pointing out, I have to dispel that overly positive bias about folks living off base based on your firsthand experience.

Thank you, Sir~

Comment

Originally posted by CJustice804 View Post
                      Does anyone know of any apartments or townhouses that give discount in the centerville?
                      Note the correct spelling is CENTREVILLE. FYI.
                      sigpic
                      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6729 users online. 357 members and 6372 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X