300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 registration stickers

What color are they? I deskbound these days so have not really paid attention to that stuff, then I noticed that most are red numbers on white background, but I see a few that are white numbers on blue background. Wasn't 2010 white on blue or am I misremembering? The first blue 2011 sticker I saw I though the guy had altered his 2010 sticker but I have seen several more since then.

Just wondering.

White back, red numbers. 12 is green back with white numbers, 13 is white back with blue numbers. Just saw my first 14 and cant remember what it was. Rental cars are still orange with white numbers every year, and dealers are still purple.

Comment

Originally posted by VSPClem View Post
      White back, red numbers. 12 is green back with white numbers, 13 is white back with blue numbers. Just saw my first 14 and cant remember what it was. Rental cars are still orange with white numbers every year, and dealers are still purple.

Yep; that pretty much sums it up. VA has used the "three colors X two ways" for decades now. They'll have white background with red digits, green background with white digits, white background with blue digits -- then red background with white digits, green digits on white background and a blue background with white digits. The exact color pattern repeats every six years (with dealership tags and rental cars having the purple & orange color schemes, respectively).

Some drivers, though, either put BOTH 'year' tabs on the back - Doh! - and some will even affix them upside-down (11).

Every now and then, you will find people who steal the tabs off other cars - so as to make their vehicle's registration look legitimate (until you run the tag). Bad juju!! Perhaps they do this if they're delinquent in paying personal property taxes and are unable to get their plates renewed.

In NY, people don't have the tabs on their plates; but instead have a registration decal affixed to the INSIDE of the windshield - next to the safety inspection sticker. Harder to steal, I guess.

P.S. I notice that some heavy trucks registered in VA have "permanent" tags that apparently do not have display the annual decals.
      Last edited by VA Dutch; 02-27-2011, 07:10 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I don't know if you folks are willing to answer this, but last year I used to come home from work heading south on Fairfax County Parkway and just before the Dulles Access Road (where folks would turn off to head west toward the airport), I used to see two or three police cars, or motorcyles parked on the side and they were pulling people over by the dozens. This happened every day almost for months. I could never figure out what the heck people were in trouble for and wondered each day if I'd be pulled over. Now I'm thinking that was because perhaps they didn't have the updated stickers? If so, no wonder we have budget problems. That was a lot of idiots that didn't pay.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
          Now I'm thinking that was because perhaps they didn't have the updated stickers? If so, no wonder we have budget problems. That was a lot of idiots that didn't pay.
          And as long as they update their registration, they can still come to court and have the matter "complied" with no court costs...
          Chesterfield County Police

Comment

I guess I never knew dealer were purple. Maybe these were purple and I did not realize it was a dealer tag. Or it was a dealer registration sticker on a personal tag. I am kinda color blind, so the purple might have looked dark blue to me.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
              I don't know if you folks are willing to answer this, but last year I used to come home from work heading south on Fairfax County Parkway and just before the Dulles Access Road (where folks would turn off to head west toward the airport), I used to see two or three police cars, or motorcyles parked on the side and they were pulling people over by the dozens. This happened every day almost for months. I could never figure out what the heck people were in trouble for and wondered each day if I'd be pulled over. Now I'm thinking that was because perhaps they didn't have the updated stickers? If so, no wonder we have budget problems. That was a lot of idiots that didn't pay.
              If I remember correctly it's people using the shoulder/merge area to pass to get to the ramp or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticine View Post
                And as long as they update their registration, they can still come to court and have the matter "complied" with no court costs...
                Hmmm. That seems to incentivise people to take the risk of not paying, if I'm reading your post correctly. Thanks for your response.

Originally posted by JayKay View Post
                If I remember correctly it's people using the shoulder/merge area to pass to get to the ramp or something along those lines.
                That sound about right. Actually, I was merging onto the Parkway about 50 yards north of that and it was a very difficult merge area from my side as well as for those trying to exit. I was always surprised we didn't have accidents there. Thanks, very good to know.

Comment

'14 is a red background with white numbers, I believe. Orange background is rental cars, right? And purple is dealer as someone stated above. Yeah, I couldn't believe I saw the 2014 ones out yet. DMV only gave me the option to purchase 1 or 2 year when I was renewing my registration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticine View Post
                    This isn't true in all localities...

In my jurisdiction if they fix it they may have the charge dismissed if that's what the judge decides, however they still have to pay court costs.

Comment

Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
                      '14 is a red background with white numbers, I believe. Orange background is rental cars, right? And purple is dealer as someone stated above. Yeah, I couldn't believe I saw the 2014 ones out yet. DMV only gave me the option to purchase 1 or 2 year when I was renewing my registration.
                      I'm not sure about '14. Rental car '11 is Red background with white numbers.

Comment

Rentals are orange, not red.

Comment

I've always thought they were the inverse of what the normal sticker was.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10845 users online. 490 members and 10355 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X